Chauvin Arnoux CA6545 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester
The Chauvin Arnoux CA6545 offers the same functionality as the popular CA6505 but with the addition of dielectric discharge testing (DD), along with programmable alarms and test duration, the CA6545 provides even more capability for HV insulation testing applications in construction, maintenance and industrial equipment inspection. Used throughout the world by electrical utilities and industrial customers alike and housed in the same rugged “site-proof” enclosure, the CA6545 is suitable for the most severe measurement conditions.
With simple, safe and fast operation and highly accurate test results, including the ability to display intermediate insulation resistance values measured as a function of time, the CA6545 is overload protected on all inputs.
Testing is initiated with a simple button press, after which the measured insulation resistance and leakage current values immediately appear on the giant LCD. Results for PI (Polarisation Index) and DAR (Dielectric Absorption Ratio) are automatically calculated and displayed if the test is allowed to proceed for the appropriate duration.
As soon as a test is terminated the CA6545 will safely discharge the item and through the measurement of the discharge current over time automatically calculate and display DD.
The CA6545 has a wide measurement range from 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ and includes a high performance guard circuit for eliminating unwanted leakage paths from test results.
Internal rechargeable batteries provide for several days of testing, lasting up to 30 days based on a typical use of 10 DAR and 5 PI tests per day.
And still a fraction of the size and weight of equivalent competitor products! (Dimensions: 270 x 250 x 180 mm; weight: 4.3 kg )
Chauvin Arnoux CA6545 Key Features:
- Large backlit LCD screen with digital display and bargraph
- Site-proof case suitable for the severest measurement conditions
- Direct reading of the insulation value with display of the leakage current and capacitance values
- Wide measurement range from 10 kW to 10 TW
- Fixed test voltages: 500 V, 1000 V, 2500 V and 5000 V
- Programmable test voltages from 40 to 5100 V
- Programmable test duration and possibility of setting the measurement times for the DAR/PI/DD tests
- Smooth function for smoothing the insulation values so they are easier to read and quicker to interpret
- Programmable alarms with visual warning signal and buzzer
- Automatic calculation of DAR/PI/DD quality ratios
- Locking of test voltages: ideal when lending the instrument to less-experienced users
- Automatic test inhibition if a dangerous external voltage (AC or DC) is detected before or during measurement
- Operator safety guaranteed by automatic discharging of the device being tested, with display of the discharge voltage
- IEC 611010-1, CAT III 1000 V
What comes with the Chauvin Arnoux CA6545?
- C.A 6545 Megohmmeter
- 2 safety leads 3 m long with HV plug and HV crocodile clip (red/blue)
- 1 guarded safety plug 3 m long with an HV plug with rear connectionand an HV crocodile clip (black)
- 1 lead with rear connection (blue) 0.35 m long
- 1 mains power cable 2 m long
- 1 simplified operating manual
- 1 operating manual in 5 languages