PAT Testing Training Awareness Course
Course Duration: 1/2 day
Price explained: PAT Training for up to 6 people (if you have fewer or more people call us for pricing)*
Learning how to PAT test couldn’t be easier with our best practice course, where small class sizes and an informative yet relaxed presentation style combine to achieve high customer satisfaction.
What will I learn on this PAT Testing Course?
The course starts with an introduction to the subject of portable appliance testing and an overview of the functions and operation of the test instruments required. The course then develops to look at the types of appliances and classes of equipment usually encountered and the tests which are applied to each appliance. Each test will be demonstrated using sample equipment and delegates will have the opportunity to use and operate the test instruments. The course concludes with a Q&A session giving those attending the chance to ask individual questions and seek clarification and guidance.
Using up-to-date portable appliance testers and software, delegates will learn how to carry out the full range of tests required on a variety of typical appliances. The course is delivered by one of our qualified and experienced PAT Test tutors in a friendly yet informative style. Benefit from our years of industry knowledge and access to the market’s leading manufacturers.
▶ What our courses provide & why we‘re a Trusted Training Provider:
PAT Testing Course Contents:
- Overview of statutory and non-statutory documents with particular reference to the 5th edition of the IET Code of Practice
- Equipment construction classes and types - Identification and selection of correct electrical tests, correct pass/fail limits
- Assessment of risks and frequency of testing
- Visual inspection process - Use of checklists covering safe isolation, socket outlets, plugs, cables, casing and environment
- Demonstration of common faults found during visual inspection
- Correct operation of a PAT tester and explanation of electrical tests
- Explanation of test procedure and interpretation of results - Earth continuity, Insulation resistance and Leakage tests
- Testing of extension cable/cord sets and RCDs
- Demonstration of common PAT tester operating errors
- Importance of documentation - asset register, fault register, inspection and test results record keeping, and labelling
- Assessment - practical and written assessment
Information will be communicated in a variety of ways using photographs and diagrams, in addition to an easy-to-follow booklet which is yours to keep, and will be reinforced with plenty of demonstrations and hands-on examples. We cover a variety of portable electrical appliances found in any office, kitchen, shop, school or workshop. If you are from the construction or industrial sector where the use of power tools is common - we will show you how to inspect and test these too!
Bring PAT Testing In-House for great benefits!
This course is designed for those without any electrical experience, wishing to bring Portable Appliance Testing ‘In-House’. Take control of the entire PAT process within your company!
|Who would benefit?|
Maintenance Staff ✓
School Caretakers ✓
Charitable Trusts ✓
Housing Associations ✓
Small/Medium Businesses ✓
No outsourcing ✓
Fit in with YOUR schedule ✓
Save on hassle ✓
Save money every year! ✓
At a location to suit YOU!
Our coverage is UK-wide!
These courses can be delivered at your premises or near-by hotel on a date convenient for you...
or at our centre in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Minimise time away from work with our 1/2 & full-day courses
Bolt-on modules also available - bespoke to your chosen tester(s)/application. If required, a truly tailor-made service is available!
Each delegate will receive...
Handbook of PAT Testing - 30-page colour booklet
PAT Reference Card - Testing advice sheet
Plug Checker Card
Money Off Voucher for PAT Test Equipment
10% off for Charities, Schools and Colleges
On successful completion of the course you will be presented with a Certificate of Training.
If you have any questions or you would like to book a date and time convenient for you, contact our friendly team who will help guide you in fulfilling your training requirements - enabling your company to be more streamlined and efficient so you can concentrate on growing your business!
Require a more in-depth course? This awareness course can offers an introduction to the nationally-recognised City & Guilds 2377 qualification, which typically runs for 2-3 days and provides an in-depth exploration of the Code Of Practice - please call us for more information.