Radiodetection RD500 locates and traces buried plastic/concrete water pipes
How does the Radiodetection RD500 work?
The RD500 is supplied as two parts:
- The TransOnde Transmitter fits to a fire hydrant, meter base or tap
- The hand-held Receiver traces buried pipe away from the TransOnde
The TransOnde applies a distinctive wave signal along the pipe that is located by the seismic sensor in the receiver. The signal is then amplified to provide a response on the RD500 meter and via the headphones.
Radiodetection RD500 Performance
The RD500 gives its best performance locating a single pipe running under grass or soil. Between 30 psi/2 bar and 75 psi/5 bar water pressure and adequate flow, the receiver will trace the line over distances up to 150 meters.
Locate resolution is 25% of depth along the length of the trace with the pipe at depths down to 2 meters / 6 foot.
Locating may be reduced when the pipe runs under pavement or concrete. The TransOnde pressure wave signal is dissipated, therefore the receiver peak response is spread over a wider area.
Locate range may be reduced at the point where the pipe goes into a tee or joins a larger pipe, the TransOnde pressure wave signal is either split or reduced.
Radiodetection RD500 Key Features:
- Low cost
- Operators can learn to locate and trace within a few minutes
- No disruption of services while locating
- Audible and visual tracing indicator
- Variable Power Pulsers (TransOnde) supplied
- Distances up to 150 metres may be traced
- Locate up to 2 metre depth
Radiodetection RD500 Kit Options:
- (10/RD500-KIT) RD500, Concrete/Asphalt plate, Headphones, Spike & Carry Case
- (10/RD500-C) RD500, Concrete/Asphalt Plate, Headphones, Electronic Transonde, Filter Washers, Accessory Bag, Hose & Carry Case
- (10/5KCW) RD500, Concrete/Asphalt Plate, Headphones, Low/Medium/High Power Transonde, Accessory Bag, Hose, Tap Damper & Carry Case
- (10/RD500-B) RD500, Electronic Transonde, Concrete/Asphalt Plate, Headphones, Low/Medium/High Power Transonde, Accessory Bag, Hose, Tap Damper & Carry Case