Megger EZ-THUMP 12kV For Medium Voltage Cable Fault Locating
The ideal first response unit - Compact and lightweight (32 kg), the EZ-THUMP is a smart and portable, battery and AC line operated cable fault location system.
It is ideally suited for all typical fault locating operations on medium voltage cables. The 12kV model is typically used as part of a satellite fault locating concept for remote areas that may have less frequent faults, or for hard to reach inner-city locations - When simple operation, weight and economics are important!
(comes with field-replaceable battery)
A truly smart Test Set which guides you through the entire testing process so minimal training is needed. Due to its lower capital investment it can be available at a greater number of service centres allowing you to get to the site of the fault faster. The lightweight design makes it extremely portable and is small enough that it doesn‘t require a dedicated vehicle to transport it.
▶ Video: Megger EZ-Thump Applications
Megger EZ-THUMP 12kV Key Features:
- Rugged, lightweight, high impact resistant - Designed for wet outdoor applications (IP53 with top open)
- HiBrite colour display for outdoor visibility
- Arc Reflection Method (ARM) pre-location of high resistance flashover faults
- Automatic cable end, fault location, and sectionalising (optional in certain markets)
- Single-stage capacitor surge discharge: 500 J @ 12kV
- F-OHM safety feature to ensure safe grounding
- Fault pinpointing, high resistive fault
- Sheath testing and sheath fault locating
- TDR method to pre-locate very low resistance cable faults, either phase to phase or phase to neutral, or by pair comparison
- DC testing for breakdown detection
- Insulation resistance measurement
The unit typically requires no adjustments and is operated via the unique and easy to follow E-TRAY GUI and a rotary control knob. It guides the user automatically through the entire fault locating process, starting with a Hipot Test and followed by both a Pre-location and Pinpointing step. During this 3 step process the test data will be stored and used in non-typical fault locating situations to interpret the result and provide advice to the user of what to do next.
Megger EZ-THUMP Applications:
- Testing (proof/insulation testing, sheath testing)
- Fault pre-location
- Pinpoint fault location
Other EZ-THUMP Models from Megger:
Megger has an EZ-THUMP system for both low voltage cables (see EZT4V2 / EZT3DV2 products) and cables up to 25 kV (EZT12V2).