Megger Seba VLF CR-28 for cable VLF, DC and sheath fault testing
Megger VLF CR-28 Key Features:
- VLF, DC and sheath fault testing in one device
- Portable thanks to two-part construction
- High test capacitance
- Integrated discharge system
The portable, high-performance and energy-efficient VLF test systems are used for testing cables with 0.1 Hz cosine-rectangular voltage according to IEC/IEEE/CENELEC standards. In accordance with guidelines, the dielectric strength of cables and joints must be checked after installation or repair.
The VLF test systems from SebaKMT have high test-capacities and are still compact, because of the patented voltage wave-shape and the power-recycling during polarity reversal. Aside from cable and sheath testing, the test systems can also be used for the precise pinpointing of sheath faults (in combination with a step-voltage probe).
The series offer three portable systems are available, each with different voltage levels (28, 40 and 60 kV):
- VLF CR-28 up to 15 kV rated cables
- VLF CR-40 up to 23 kV rated cables
- VLF CR-60 up to 36 kV rated cables
See data sheet for full specification