- DC testing of low and medium-voltage cables up to 50/80 kV
- Measurement of insulation resistance
- Easy portable for on-site use
- Compact and extremely robust construction
- 12 V mains operation
Small, light and high-performance. DC voltage testing with BAUR’s PGK 50 and PGK 80.
Paper-mass cables are practically not installed in industrialised nations due to their environmental impact. Maintenance of oil-insulated cable systems and their potential life expectancy of 50 or even 100 years however still justifies the need for testing devices for this cable type. BAUR’s PGK 50 and PGK 80 cable testing devices are especially handy in respect to their test voltage up to 50kV and 80kV. They are single-part devices and are optimal for field use due to their small dimensions, practical case with carry handles and shoulder straps.
- Continuously adjustable output voltage up to 50/80kV DC negative
- Maximum discharge energy of 8000 Ws (interval of 15 min)
- Voltage measurement at the HV-output, display accuracy of +/- 2.5 %
- Timer of 1-30 min
- Sensitive current measurement in 6 ranges of 1 µA / 10 µA / 100 µA; 1 mA / 10 mA / 100 mA
- Minimum measurable current up to 20nA
- Higher short-circuit current up to 25mA
- Safety control unit in accordance with VDE 0104
- Travelling wave protection
- Connection possibility for electrical door contact, emergency-stop switch and external signal lamps
- Connection possibility for Y/t recorder for recording current flow
- Weight 25kg
Highest efficiency and cost-effectiveness with BAUR
Although DC voltage testing is an old technology in developed power markets, it is by no means dispensable. On the contrary, it is used over hundreds of thousands of kilometers in existing cable networks. These networks will still exist until the end of this century. Their maintenance is an economic necessity and means the maximisation of returns on investment for the cable network operators. Reasons enough for BAUR to provide power companies with excellent and guaranteed testing technology.