T&R PT18-10 mk2 High Voltage DC Cable Test Systems
The T&R PT18-10 HV DC Test Set performs tests on installed cable and
jointing systems and is designed with variable output voltage with a
maximum of ±18kVdc and a maximum charging capability of 10mA. The unit
comes complete with discharge probe for your convenience.
A zero-volt interlock is fitted that prevents the output being switched on unless the output control is at zero. Units include an automatic load discharge system that discharges the cable under test when the output is switched off or a breakdown occurs. Internal dumping system can discharge a maximum of 2.5kJ on each output, corresponding to 10µF at 18kV. In the event of a test object failure, the overload circuit will automatically switch off the output voltage and earth the output via the internal discharge circuit. A DP20 discharge probe is supplied as standard with the PT18-10 mk2, 18kV 10mA DC Tester, allowing higher load capacitances to be safely discharged.
The 18kV 10mA DC Tester has an internal fail-safe automatic discharge system. The automatic discharge switch is controlled by a solenoid. It may produce a noticeable hum when the HT output is energised.
Output voltage is metered by two large, linear, analogue instruments marked 0-20kV. Meanwhile, current is metered by two further analogue instruments with 0-10 scale marking. The meters read 0-10mA directly, or 0-1mA when the ÷10 push button is operated. The HV output from the unit uses a high quality plug and socket system, allowing for easy cable replacement. High voltage plugs are protected in transit by plastic covers and are fully de-mountable. Screened 5 metre long high voltage output cables are provided with the equipment terminated with large clips.
The padded bag ensures maximum protection during transit.
T&R PT18-10 Key Features:
- ±18kVdc output voltage
- 10mA output capability
- Both voltage and current metered on HV outputs
- Automatic earth system for dumping capacitive loads
- HV output plug and socket system
- Key operated supply switch to prevent unauthorised operation
- Zero-volt interlock
- Visual indication of test piece failure
- Automatic mains voltage selection
What comes with the T&R PT18-10?
- Mains input lead
- 2 keys (for mains ON/OFF switch)
- 5 metre earth lead fitted with clip and tag
- 5 metre high voltage output cable fitted with HT plug & clip, colour coded red. Supplied with protective cap for plug
- 5 metre high voltage output cable fitted with HT plug & clip, colour coded black. Supplied with protective cap for plug
- HV blanking plug for unipolar testing
- DP20 discharge/earthing probe
- Operating & Maintenance Manual
- Carry bag with pocket for above items
- The unit is supplied with a spare F5A 32mm (1¼”) mains fuse
T&R PT18-10 Related Products:
Specification of the supplied discharge rod (DP20):
|Maximum discharge voltage|| 20kV|
|Maximum discharge energy || 3.6kJ|
|Maximum discharge capacitance|| 12μF|
|Earth lead length|| 5m|
|Earth lead CSA|| 6mm²|