Suparule 600E Cable Height Meter (6 wires measured)
The Suparule Cable Height Meter is a handheld meter for measurement of cable sag, cable height distance, and overhead clearance of conductors. It is a modern alternative to telescopic measuring poles. The Suparule Cable Height Meter utilises ultrasonic signals to determine the height of overhead cables up to 23m (75feet).
Used by line operators within the utilities industries, e.g. electricity and telecommunications, the CHM190 measures the height of a single wire, the CHM300 and CHM300E measure up to 3 wires, while the CHM600 and CHM600E models measure up to 6 wires.
How does the Suparule 600E Work?
The Cable Height Meter emits short bursts of sound which originate from the cone-shaped transmitter. The microprocessor in the instruments calculates the elapsed time for the bursts of sound to be reflected from the cable back to the instrument. The result can be displayed in either feet and inches (imperial), or meters (metric) format.
To account for the fact that speed of sound varies with temperature, a temperature sensor, mounted at the front of the instruments, senses the actual air temperature, and automatically compensates.
The Cable Height Meter is capable of measuring up to six cables (provided they are within range). This is accomplished by standing directly beneath the cable and aligning longitudinally (looking down the line). Simply press the “ON” button to power up the instrument, and allow the temperature to stabilise. Press the ‘MEASURE’ button and, if necessary, gently “rock and tilt” the instrument until a stable reading is obtained.
Suparule 600E Applications Include Height Measurement Of:
- Telephone lines
- Distribution lines
- Transmission lines
- Cable television
- Street lighting
- SAG (lowest point to ground)
- Clearances on construction sites
Suparule 600E Key Features:
- Quick Measurement - Saves time and money
- Inherently safe - No physical connection to cables or wires required to obtain measurement
- Extremely Accurate - Measures to accuracy of 0.5%
- Ease-of-use - Simple, three-button operation ensures fast, effective measurements with a minimum of operator training
- Compact size - Its light-weight and hand-held portability allows easy transport and multiple measurements
- Maintenance-free - Proven reliability in the field, no adjustments required
- 2 year warranty