HVI Metrohm HVD35/2A Capacitive Test Point Voltage Detector
High Voltage Detectors (HVD’s) are widely used throughout the electricity industry to determine that high voltage lines are de-energised prior to work being carried out thus ensuring safety of personnel. Designed to comply with relevant IEC standards.
The HVD35/2A has been specifically designed for use on capacitive test points of separable connectors and on insulated polymetric cables in fused cable boxes.
May also be know as Edgcumbe Metrohm HVD35/2A
HVI HVD35/2A Key Features:
• Automatic alarming above threshold voltage as default
• Easy to use
• Lightweight (600g)
• Fast response time , less than 1 second
• High Impact ABS body
• Self test facility
• Indoor/Outdoor use
• -25°C to +55°C operating temp range
• Shock & drop resistant
• Standard safety yellow (other colours available)
• Easy access for battery replacement
HVI HVD35/2A Operation and Features:
HVD’s are battery operated electronic contact devices that give clear indication of the status of the line under test both visually, by means of super-bright LED’s and audibly with a high intensity buzzer, this ensures clear indication even in conditions of bright sunlight and high background noise. All detectors have the facility to self check before and after use.
What comes with the HVD kit?
Each HVD35/2A kit comprises the following components housed within a purpose designed carry bag;
- 1 x HVD35/2A HVD High Voltage Detector (2-11kv Dead break tester)
- 1 x HVP03 HVD Proving Unit
- 1 x CMP0120 Carrying Bag
- 1 x DDM5020 Short Handle HVD
- 1 x CMH0110 Straight Contact