Testo 316-1 Gas Leak Detector for Pipe Work
Hairline cracks in pipes, old and worn out gaskets. Even the tiniest of gas leaks in a natural gas pipe can cause enormous problems. The new testo 316-1 leak detector will help you pinpoint the exact position of a leak when the leak has already been detected using a leak measuring device, for example.
Testo 316-1 Key Features:
- Speedy and sure detection of gas leaks in natural gas pipes
- The sure and easy way to detect methane gas
- Easy-to-use gas leak detector with an adjustable sensitivity dial
- Equipped with both a visual audible - triggered when a threshold is crossed
- Ideal for carrying out quick and reliable checks
- A yellow LED lights up when the reading is higher than 200 ppm CH4
- The LED changes to red when the reading is higher than 10 000 ppm CH4
- Flexible gooseneck sensor for hard-to-reach places
- Optional TopSafe protective cover designed to protect your detector against impact and keeps out dust and dirt
- Tested by DVGW
Testo 316-1 Application:
Gas leak detection on gas pipes in the heated environment.
Gas leak detection is a basic checking of gas pipe parts for leak tightness or the presence of leaks. A gas pipe is considered leaktight when there are no gas leaks from the exposed parts. This means that exposed gas pipes in particular are checked for external leak tightness. Leaks are detected by testing a connection point; e.g. at fittings, flanges, screw fittings and gas control valves. It is also important to check gas pipes entering houses and those concealed in cavities at the air outlets. The most up-to-date way to detect gas leaks is to use an electronic gas leak detector (“sniffer”).
What comes with the Testo 316-1?
- Testo 316-1 Gas Leak Detector flexible probe