The Digital Voltage Indicator (DVI-100) is a single point instrument designed to read the voltage on a conductor up to 99kV line-to-ground. The large LED readout is easy-to-read on the end of a long hotstick and can be used on overhead lines or in underground applications with an underground bushing probe.
There are two versions of the DVI. The DVI-100 indicates voltage by directly contacting conductors on overhead and underground systems.
The DVI-100T withTest Point Mode also indicates voltage on elbow test points. Digital Voltage Indicators can distinguish between lines energised at full line voltage and those lines influenced from backfeed orinduced voltages. DVI can also be used on distribution transformers to read both primary and secondary voltages.
When brought into direct contact with a conductor while mounted on a hotstick, the two-digit display indicates the line-to-ground voltage. The instrument is auto-ranging and indicates voltagesfrom 0.1kV - 9.9kV and from 10kV - 99kV. This allowsthe user to read the voltage and also determine if it is at nominal voltage or a lower induced voltage. The unit emits an audible alarm when voltage above 100VAC is detected. It is very easy-to-use as there are no range selector switches or settings to be made – just contact the conductor and read the display. To switch to Test Point Mode on the DVI-100T,simply press the ON button again and a flashing decimal appears on the display.
An underground probe is required for measuring Elbow Test Points, underground or pad mount applications, or for any applications up to 21kV line-to-ground where the DVI will be used in close proximity to grounded conductors or surfaces.
- For use on system voltages up to 161kV (reads up to 99kV line-to-ground)
- Large auto-ranging LED display indicates the line-to-ground voltage level
- Audible indication when voltage is detected Voltage readout allows user to distinguish between nominal and induced voltage
- Measure ElbowTest Points with the DVI-100T (underground probe required)
- Use on overhead lines or in underground applications with bushing probe
- Built-in universalspline forstandard hotstick attachment
- LED’s operate in extreme temperatures
- Easy-to-read in bright or dark conditions
- Built-in self-test to verify proper operation
- Auto-shutoff with low battery function
- Powered by a field-replaceable 9V lithium or alkaline battery
- No range selector switch or settings required
- Compact, rugged and lightweight polycarbonate housing
- Kits are available, contact factory for details