2377 22 Portable Appliance Testing - Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment
The City & Guilds 2377-32 is:
- Industry approved
- Key to enhancing your job prospects
Duration: 3 days
Location: Stoke Training Centre (or your premises)
The City & Guilds 2377-22 qualification is the recognised industry qualification for Portable Appliance Testing.
Throughout the 2.5 day course you will be guided through the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
The course concentrates on this publication through explanation, worked examples and practical ‘hands-on’ tuition.
The course cover the following aims and objectives:
- Understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to the management of electrical equipment maintenance
- Understand the electrical units of measurement associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand how equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock
- Understand the procedures for the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand how to carry out combined inspection and testing
- Understand the information contained in documentation in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
On completion of your training you will complete a 50 question, 1 hour 45 minute multiple choice online exam.
You will also complete a 50 minute practical assessment where you will need to demonstrate an ability to inspect and test electrical equipment.