Use the 505 photo / contact tachometer to determine RPM and surface speed. The 505 is a combination photo and contact tachometer that also measures surface speeds of belts and wheels.
- Non-contact (photo/optical) and contact RPM and surface speed
- Wide Measuring Range: 0.5 to 30,000 RPM
- Last measurement, maximum measurement and minimum measurement automatically saved and recalled
- Measure motor input and output shaft speed
- Determine conveyor belt speed
- Confirm fan, motor, and gear RPM
- Measure RPM of flywheels and pumps
- Monitor pulley rotation RPM and turbine speeds
The TPI Model 505 is a combination photo and contact tachometer that also measures surface speeds of belts and wheels.
Model 505 Measurement Procedure:
- Unscrew contact collar from optical end of 505 (if attached).
- Attach a piece of reflectIive tape on the rotating object to be measured.
- Depress and hold the START button and then press the Photo button (lower right) on the 505.
- With the start button depressed, point the optical end at the
rotating surface so the relective tape passes the lens every rotation.
- Read the RPM on the LCD display