PAT Testing Course (1 Day Competency-Based Training)
PAT Testing Course Duration: 1 day
*Price based on six delegates PAT training at our Stoke Training Centre. On-site / ‘at your premises’ training is also a popular choice (please note: additional millage / accommodation may be applicable).
Learning how to PAT test couldn’t be easier with our best practice PAT Training Course, where small class sizes and an informative yet relaxed presentation style combine to achieve high customer satisfaction.
What will I learn on this PAT Testing Course?
The PAT Training course starts with an introduction to the subject of portable appliance testing and an overview of the functions and operation of the test instruments required. The course then develops to look at the types of appliances and classes of equipment usually encountered, along with the tests which are applied to each appliance. Each PAT test will be demonstrated using sample equipment and delegates will have the opportunity to use and operate the test instruments. The PAT Testing course concludes with a Q&A session giving those attending the chance to ask individual questions and seek clarification and guidance.
Using up-to-date portable appliance testers and PAT Testing software, delegates will learn how to carry out the full range of PAT tests required on a variety of typical appliances. The course is delivered by one of our qualified and experienced PAT Test tutors in a friendly yet informative style. Benefit from our years of industry knowledge and access to the market’s leading manufacturers.
▶ Video: What you get with an Acutest PAT Testing Course:
PAT Testing Course Contents:
- Overview of statutory and non-statutory documents with particular reference to the 5th edition of the IET Code of Practice
- Equipment construction classes and types - Identification and selection of correct electrical tests as part of the PAT testing process.
- Assessment of risks and frequency of testing
- Visual inspection process - Use of checklists covering safe isolation, socket outlets, plugs, cables, casing and environment
- Demonstration of common faults found during visual inspection
- Correct operation of a PAT tester and explanation of electrical tests
- Explanation of test procedure and interpretation of results - Earth continuity, Insulation resistance and Leakage tests
- Testing of extension cable/cord sets and RCDs
- Demonstration of common operating errors that may be encountered while PAT testing
- Importance of documentation - asset register, fault register, inspection and test results record keeping, and labelling
- Assessment - practical and written assessment
|In addition to someone wanting a career in PAT Testing, who would benefit from a PAT Testing Course?|
Maintenance Staff ✓
School Caretakers ✓
Charitable Trusts ✓
Housing Associations ✓
Small/Medium Businesses ✓
No outsourcing ✓
Fit in with YOUR schedule ✓
Save on hassle ✓
Save money every year! ✓
These PAT Testing courses can be delivered at your premises or near-by hotel on a date convenient for you...
or at our centre in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Value for Money and Specific for Your Application/Location
We can deliver a tailor-made PAT Testing course at a location to suit YOU - Our coverage is UK-wide!
Bolt-on PAT Testing modules are also available - bespoke to your chosen PAT Tester(s)/application. If required, a truly tailor-made service is available!
Each delegate will receive...
Handbook of PAT Testing - 30-page colour booklet
PAT Reference Card - Testing advice sheet
Plug Checker Card
PAT Testing Log Book
Money Off Voucher for PAT Test Equipment
10% off PAT Testing Courses for Charities, Schools and Colleges
On successful completion of the PAT Testing course you will be presented with a Certificate of Training.
If you have any questions about this PAT Testing Course or if you‘re ready to book a date, call us.
Our friendly team will guide you!
Require a more in-depth PAT Testing course? This awareness course can offers an introduction to the nationally-recognised City & Guilds 2377 PAT Testing qualification, which typically runs for 2-3 days and provides an in-depth exploration of the Code Of Practice - please call us for more information.