City & Guilds 2919-01 EV Charger Installation Course
Would you like to get involved in EV charge point installations? Opportunities for electricians are growing rapidly as the UK develops plans to increase the amount of charge points available.
For contractors, this means great opportunities for those who have the right skills; the course covers installation in domestic dwellings, on-street locations, commercial and even industrial premises.
Become an accredited installer of electric vehicle charging points and get in on the ground floor of an exciting new market. This qualification is accredited by City & Guilds and is recognised by the OZEV funding scheme.
Throughout your training, you’ll develop and practise the skills required to work in the Electric Vehicle charging industry. This course is the latest City & Guilds 2919-01 Level 3 Award in Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation and is suitable for those looking to become an approved EV charging point installer. It is aimed at experienced electricians and will give you an overview of the wide range of equipment and systems available for this type of specialised installation. You will be guided through the IET code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, through worked examples, job based scenarios and discussion.
Key learning outcomes for City & Guilds 2919-01:
- Learn about charging points in domestic dwellings, on-street locations, commercial and industrial premises
- Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- Advantages/disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment
- Preparation for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment
- How to install electric vehicle equipment for domestic, commercial and industrial locations
- Be able to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment
IMPORTANT ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
You will be required to terminate PVC/PVC and SWA cables to a commercially acceptable standard. On completion of the practical installation assessment you will be required to inspect and test your electrical installation. You will be required to record your inspection and testing in compliance with IET Guidance Notes 3.
If your experience of inspection and testing is not recent or is limited you will benefit from attending a 1 day testing refresher prior to the course which is available for just £120 + VAT.
2919-01 Who is it suitable for?
- This qualification is aimed at practising electricians interested in understanding how to install the range of equipment and systems available. It covers the specialised installation requirements of electric vehicle charging equipment in public, private and commercial locations and includes exclusive guidance on electrical requirements.
- FREE hire of IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
- All City & Guilds fees – no hidden costs!
- A unique an friendly learning environment!
2919-01 Course entry requirements?
Delegates must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have relevant experience in the Electrotechnical sector. Delegates must have:
- A good working knowledge of BS7671 Wiring Regulations
- Experience of installing and terminating PVC/PVC and SWA cabling
- The knowledge and experience to be able to complete initial verification of the installation (inspection and testing)
What is the assessment for City & Guilds 2919-01?
At the end of your City & Guilds 2919 course, you will complete a computer-based multiple-choice exam and practical assessment. Both assessments are open book so you will be able to reference to a ‘clean’ copy of the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40
- Question type: Multiple choices
- Permitted reference materials: IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
- Other allowed materials/equipment: Plain paper, pens and non-programmable calculator
On completion of the exam, you will normally receive a printed result slip within just a few minutes. Assuming you have been successful, a certificate will be available within 7 days of completing the course.
- Practical assessment: A 3 hours practical assessment during which you can reference to the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
What could be next in my progression plan, after the 2919-01 course?
After completing this course you may wish to consider: