Megger MIT515 Insulation Resistance Tester (5kV)
The Megger MIT515 is an entry-level 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester designed for general purpose insulation testing for those working with high voltage equipment and offers three key benefits:
- Reliable test results
The MIT515 Safety and Performance
All three terminal are rated to category IV, 600 volts, with a 1000 volts between each terminal, protecting the unit against miss-connection.
The lead terminations lock to prevent accidental disconnection. Capacitive loads must be safely discharged after testing, Megger MITs do this automatically. If the test leads disconnect it could be extremely hazardous.
The guard terminal ensures you measure the insulation you want to measure. It measures and discounts any surface leakage current. This is key to the accuracy of the insulation tests that‘s why Megger‘s guard terminal performance is specified and offers unmatched accuracy.
The MIT range gives 5% accuracy to at least one tera-ohm (TΩ), the sort of value expected in substations. Stable readings are essential; they can be affected by electrical noise. The Megger insulation testers have high noise immunity for use in power environments.
▶ Video: Overview of the Megger MIT515
Working In The Field
Tough, lightweight, small in size and portable, they operate using lithium batteries (fully charged in 2.5 hours) but can operate on mains power too. With a unique dual-case design - the tough outer case protects a fire retardant inner case for extra reassurance.
▶ Video: High Performance Guard Terminals
Megger MIT515 Key Features:
- Measures up to 10 TΩ
- Selectable test voltage from 250 to 5000 V
- Measures capacitance of test object (with test voltages over 5000 V)
- IR, Timed IR, DAR, PI, DD, SV and Ramp diagnostic tests
- High current – 3 mA short circuit current
- High noise immunity – 3 mA (5 kV and 10 kV) 6 mA (15 kV) of noise rejection
- Dedicated voltmeter function (30 V to 660 V)
- Improved productivity – operate from line power/mains if battery dead
- Large LCD display with back-light
- Lithium-ion battery - extended capacity, rapid charge (fully charged in 2.5 hours)
- CATIV 600 V safety rating
What comes with the Megger MIT515?
- Megger MIT515 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester
- (1008-022) 3m Lead Set with Medium Clips
- Power Lead
- User Guide on CD-ROM