The KV30-100 and KV50-100 are high power, high voltage ac test systems designed for insulation testing. These systems are equally suited to both development and routine testing of electrical insulation systems and plant. The equipment consists of a control unit and a separate oil filled high voltage transformer, linked by 5 metre supply and control cables. The control unit is fitted with a comprehensive range of facilities for control, metering and protection. The output voltage and current are displayed on large, linear analogue instruments, and a variable electronic trip is provided, allowing the trip current to be set to 10-110% of rated output. The high voltage transformer is housed in an oil-filled steel tank fitted with swivel castors for mobility. The units use a high voltage bushing for the HV output, and the other end of the HV winding is earthed. Both the KV30-100 and KV50-100 are equally suited to testing capacitive, resistive or inductive test objects. If higher voltage or output power is required, please refer to our KV50-200/KV100-100 data sheet, detailing our 10kVA high voltage systems.
- 0-30kV (KV30-100 mk2) or 0-50kV (KV50-100 mk2) output voltage
- 3kVA (KV30-100 mk2) or 5kVA (KV50-100 mk2) output capability
- Key operated supply switch to prevent unauthorised operation
- Dual overload protection
- Variable electronic trip - 10-110% of rated output
- Voltage and current metering
- External interlock circuit