Radiodetection CAT4 Cable Avoidance Tool (50Hz)
You will receive:
- Radiodetection CAT4 Cable Avoidance Tool (50Hz mains regions) (Genny not included)
The new CAT4 digital platform delivers highly refined locate capabilities, specifically designed to help the operator find more buried utilities.
▶ How to locate street lighting cables with Radiodetection CAT4 & Genny:
Radiodetection CAT4 Key Features as Standard:
- Avoidance Mode for rapid surveying - Enables the operator to check an intended excavation area for Power, Radio and Genny signals, rapidly pinpointing a buried utility, tracing it across an area.
- Genny signal locate
- Power signal locate - Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio signal locate - Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Small Diameter locate frequency
- eCert - Forms part of an annual service regime and is activated through the CAT Manager PC software (see video and PDF section for more information).
- Dynamic overload protection - High levels of electrical interference, as found around substations and near high-voltage transmission cables, can overload sensitive electronics. This feature automatically filters out this interference, enabling CAT4 to continue locating where other units struggle.
Maximise Locate Speed/Maintain Safety
CAT4 and Genny4 have been designed to increase the likelihood of detecting smaller cables such as telephone lines or CATV, particularly service drops from the road or pathway to a property. The Small Diameter Locate frequency transmitted from the Genny4 is designed to ‘jump’ onto these cables.
The audio signals emitted by the CAT4 are derived from the signals detected. Radio, Power and both Genny signals can be easily distinguished from each other and from background noise, helping identification of target utilities and aiding differentiation of closely co-located utilities.
Radiodetection CAT4 Hardware Key Features:
- LCD Screen and Depth button - Displays signal level and status information
- Loudspeaker - Detachable speaker for use in noisy environments
- Sensitivity Control
- High contrast display with auto-backlight
The various models of the Radiodetection CAT4:
- (10/CAT4EN09) Radiodetection CAT4
- (10/CAT4EN29) Radiodetection CAT4 with StrikeAlert
StrikeAlert Warning - Warns of shallow buried utilities, improved in C.A.T4 to minimise false alerts.