Radiodetection CAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool With Metric Depth Estimation
This product is now obsolete. To find out more about other models still available click on the relevant Cable Avoidance Tool: CAT4EN29, CAT4+EN31, GCAT4+EN03.
Radiodetection‘s CAT and Genny 4 range enables operators to work more efficiently, more safely, and to manage their CAT4 and Genny4 fleet more effectively.
Radiodetection CAT4+ Key Features as Standard:
- Avoidance Mode for rapid surveying - Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals.
- Genny signal locate
- Power signal locate - Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio signal locate - Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Small Diameter locate frequency
- eCert - Forms part of an annual service regime and is activated through the CAT Manager PC software.
- Dynamic overload protection
▶ Video: How do I locate streetlighting cables?
The new CAT4 digital platform delivers highly refined locate capabilities, specifically designed to help the operator find more buried utilities. The CAT4 Avoidance Mode lets the operator check an intended excavation area for Power, Radio and Genny signals, and pinpoint located utilities in a single scan. Features such as the bargraph ‘tidemark’ enable an operator to quickly spot a peak response and zero-in on a buried conductor.
CAT4 and Genny4 have been designed to increase the likelihood of detecting smaller cables such as telephone lines or CATV, particularly service drops from the road or pathway to a property. The Small Diameter Locate frequency transmitted from the Genny4 is designed to ‘jump’ onto these cables.
Dynamic overload protection - High levels of electrical interference, as found around substations and near high-voltage transmission cables, can overload sensitive electronics. This feature automatically filters out this interference, enabling CAT4 to continue locating where other units struggle.
The audio signals emitted by the C.A.T4 are derived from the signals detected. Radio, Power and both Genny signals can be easily distinguished from each other and from background noise, helping identification of target utilities and aiding differentiation of closely co-located utilities.
CAT4+ Hardware Key Features:
- LCD Screen and Depth button - Displays signal level and status information
- Loudspeaker - Detachable speaker for use in noisy environments
- Sensitivity Control
- High contrast display with auto-backlight
The various models of the CAT4+:
- (10/CAT4+EN11) Radiodetection CAT4+ with Metric Depth
- (10/CAT4+EN31) Radiodetection CAT4+ with Metric Depth; StrikeAlert
StrikeAlert Warning - Warns of shallow buried utilities, improved in C.A.T4 to minimise false alerts.