RadioDetection gCAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool with Depth; Data Logging; SWING; Strike Alert; CALSafe; GPS
Radiodetection‘s CAT4+ and Genny4 range enables operators to work more efficiently, more safely, and to manage their CAT4+ and Genny4 fleet more effectively.
gCAT4+ adds GPS position to the usage data recorded. Bluetooth connectivity allows seamless transfer of usage data to the CAT Manager Online cloud based system for near real-time monitoring of operators’ performance (using the Android or Apple app).
gCAT4+ Key Features As Standard:
- Metric Depth
- Avoidance mode for rapid surveying - Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals.
- Genny signal locate - With on-demand estimation of the depth4 of buried utilities.
- Power signal locate - Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio signal locate - Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Small diameter locate frequency
- eCert - Forms part of an annual service regime and is activated through the CAT Manager PC software.
- Dynamic overload protection
- StrikeAlert - Warns of shallow buried utilities, improved in CAT4+ to minimise false alerts
- Data acquisition
- Service due indicator - Countdown from 31 days before due.
- Swing warning - Detects incorrect usage/careless working practices such as excessive or rapid swinging.
- Calsafe - Enabled units can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of the defined calibration interval.
- Bluetooth Low Energy - Fully integrated data logging memory, GPS/GNSS receiver and Bluetooth Low Energy options.
- GPS/GNSS - Automatically log the position of the CAT alongside key locate parameters each second to prove work history and analyse working practices.
- High speed USB 2.0 data connection - Connect to a PC to configure CAT settings, run an eCert, and to rapidly transfer usage data from your gCAT4.
▶ Video: How do I locate streetlighting cables?
gCAT4+ Data Acquisition/Logging Feature:
Log and save key gCAT4+ usage parameters, recorded at 1-second intervals.
On-board memory allows over a year’s worth of data** to be stored on GCAT4 series products. This data can be backed-up to a PC at any time, giving virtually unlimited record keeping for the life of the product. Retrieved data can be analysed, either locally or remotely, to aid in ensuring compliance and identifying training requirements. Factors include:
- Mode of use
- Date and time of survey
- Angle of use
- Bargraph readout
- Depth measurements made
- Last / next calibration date
- Genny / Power / Radio signal strengths
- StrikeAlert / Swing warning statuses
- Audio status
- Sensitivity control setting
- Battery status
- Dynamic Overload Protection/signal overload status
- Speed over ground
- Location of survey (Latitude/Longitude)
- Number of Satellites Received
**Based on 8 hours use per day, 5 days per week