Megger TDR500/3 Basic Handheld Time Domain Reflectometer
Using a Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) is a well established method for finding the location of faults in metallic power or data cables. In the past TDRs have had a reputation of being expensive and difficult to use but now, the Megger series has put paid to that.
The TDR500/3 is hand-held and perfect for locating faults on metallic cables with a minimum resolution of 0.1 m and a 5 km maximum range depending on velocity factor selected and cable type.
Four output impedances are available (25, 50, 75, and 100 Ω) and a velocity factor between 0.2 and 0.99 will meet any cable test requirements.
The TDR500/3 has a simple selection option which together with a 4 way control switch offers an intuitive operation for the user.
Megger TDR500/3 Key Features:
- AUTO selection ensures the most effective parameters are selected dependant on the range required
- aiding rapid diagnosis of the TDR trace
- A clear operator controlled cursor allows instant measurement of the distance to the fault
- A trace HOLD feature also allows the operator to hold a trace on the screen, something not seen on most other handheld TDRs
- Extra high resolution with white backlit LCD display (256 x 128) with adjustable contrast
- Monochrome graphical display for easy visuals on key events on the trace
- Resolution to 0.1 m
- For use on Telecom TNV-3 circuit, or 150V CAT IV power circuits
- Power blocking filter not required
- Environmental protection to IP54
- 2ns pulse for near end fault location
- Display distance in metres or feet
- Uses five AA (LR6) primary cells
What comes with the Megger TDR500/3?
- Megger TDR500/3 Time Domain Reflectometer
- Hard Carrying Case
- Miniature Clip Test Lead Set
- User Guide CD