FLUKE 381 Remote Display True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meter with iFlex
Fully featured model for electrical and industrial professionals who need to conduct advanced troubleshooting of ac and dc systems in any environment.
- Measure 1000 A ac or dc with fixed jaw to measure current in motors, vaults and bus bars
- 2500 A ac capability with iFlex flexible current probe; fits around tight and awkward conductors
- Clamp around bus bars or conductors in service panels to measure loads and line frequency in circuits
FLUKE 381 Key Features:
- Wireless technology allows the display to be carried up to 30 ft. away from the point of measurement for added flexibility without interference with measurement accuracy
- The removable magnetic display can be conveniently mounted where it is easily seen
- iFlex Flexible Current Probe expands the measurement range to 2500 A AC
- CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V
- Integrated low pass filter and state-of-the-art signal processing allows for use in noisy electrical environments while providing stable readings
- Proprietary inrush measurement technology to filter out noise and capture motor starting current exactly as the circuit protection sees it
- Ergonomic design fits in your hand and can be used while wearing protective equipment
- Radio transmitter automatically sets the correct measurement range so you do not need to change the switch positions while taking a measurement
▶ Video: FLUKE 381 True RMS AC/DC Clamp Meter with Remote Display & iFlex
▶ Video: See How FLUKE iFlex Works in Tight Spaces
Did you know some clamp meters allow you to see what is going on in the power supply to a particular motor during start-up?
For example, the FLUKE 381 (and 374, 375, 376) clamp meters use a proprietary algorithm and high-speed digital signal processing to filter out noise and capture the starting current exactly as the circuit protector sees it.
Why did FLUKE develop these specialised clamp meters?
Existing meters didn’t show end-users what motor circuit protectors experienced, even with peak hold, max hold, and min/max hold. Nobody had studied the current draw profile of a motor in start-up to see how that profile affects breakers and overload units. The industry needed a way of synchronising the measurements with the motor start-up so the measurements would be accurate and predictable. The result of this was a series of clamp meters that, when armed by the operator, will detect an inrush condition and immediately start recording a large number of samples during a 100 millisecond period. At the end of the sampling period, the meter processes the samples and tells you the actual starting current. This is more than just an indication of motor health. For example, you could see “that nuisance trip” is actually a correct breaker function. It’s there because of an abnormal condition that you now know to fix before losing the process in the middle of a production run. You can also identify a breaker that should have tripped on excessive inrush - or that incorrectly tripped when inrush was normal.
▶ Video: Top 4 FLUKE Clamp Meters for Efficient Utility Testing
What comes with the FLUKE 381?
- FLUKE 381 Remote Display AC/DC Clamp Meter
- 18" iFlex Flexible Current Probe
- Coated Instruction Card
- Safety Information Sheet
- Soft Carrying Case
- TL75 Test Leads
- 5 x AA Alkaline Batteries