Megger LRCD220 Non-tripping Loop and RCD Tester
Megger LRCD220 a non-tripping loop and RCD tester that provides simple, affordable and flexible test tools for electrical contractors testing energised circuits.
This series of test equipment provides three phase safe non-trip loop testing and 1/2I, I, and 5I RCD testing for standard, selective and pulsed DC RCDs. Suitable for domestic installers testing to UK Part P requirements. In addition this model offer 110 V loop testing and 2 wire fast testing, plus phase to phase and phase to earth measurement and automatic RCD testing with result recall. All three instruments will not trip RCDs rated at 30 mA or greater during loop testing, even electronic RCDs.
Supplied in a tough rubber armoured case, weatherproof to IP54 rating.
This series of test equipment have been designed to hang around the neck, or hand-held and will not slip if placed on a bench or shelf. Test leads can remain attached with the front cover open or closed.
L-N-E connection indicator LEDs show connection status and reverse polarity supplies.
Non-Tripping Loop Testing:
The Megger ‘No-Trip’ loop test is designed for loop testing on circuits where an RCD is fitted. The RCD is guaranteed not to trip if rated 30 mA or greater. The ‘No-Trip’ loop test is also guaranteed not to trip electronic RCDs.
Megger LRCD220 Key Features:
- Non-tripping Loop test. RCDs rated 30 mA or greater are not tripped by the loop test, even electronic RCDs
- 3 wire low current non-tripping loop test provides measurements from 0.01 Ω to 2 kΩ
- Auto-ranging tests
- PFC calculation and display from the loop test measurement
- Supply voltage display on connection to circuit
- Supply frequency measurement
- 2-wire fast test is provided
- 415 V Phase to Phase loop measurement
- 110 V operation
- Back-lit LCD display
- Phase rotation display
- 10 mA to 500 mA RCD testing
- 1 x I RCD Test
- Type AC, Type A and Type S selection
- 0/180 degree selection
- Ramp testing
- 25 V or 50 V Touch voltage selection
- Optional Touch voltage display
- 1/2 x I and 5 x I RCD testing
- 1000 mA RCD testing
- Display back-light
- Test lock
- Phase rotation display
Testing the trip times of RCDs with all commonly found RCD current ratings.
For most international applications and the UK, 5 tests must be performed:
- 1) 1/2 x RCD current rating, to ensure the RCD does not trip when half the rated current is flowing in the RCD.
- 2) 1 x RCD current rating. This is a trip test to ensure the RCD trips with the specified trip time.
- 3) 5 x RCD current rating. A Trip test to ensure the RCD trips within the specified time.
- 4 & 5) both the 1x and 5x tests must be performed at both 0 degrees and 180 degrees (positive and negative supply half cycles) to ensure worst case time is recorded.
The auto RCD test on the LRCD220 allows all the above tests to be performed automatically whilst the operator stands by the RCD and rests its as it trips. Results can then be recalled to the screen.
What comes with the Megger LRCD220?
- Megger LRCD220 Non-tripping Loop and RCD Tester
- Red/Black/Green 3 Wire Lead Set
- Calibration Certificate
- Mains Plug Test Lead