Metrel MI 3121 SMARTEC Insulation and Continuity Tester
The Metrel MI 3121 SMARTEC Insulation and Continuity is a new generation tester for dead testing of electrical installations. With both an analogue and digital representation of the results, the instrument ensures accurate measurements up to 2000 Ω on continuity and up to 30 GΩ on insulation function. Configurable limits enable a PASS / FAIL evaluation of test results, which is accompanied with the bright red and green indicator lights for comfortable use even in the dark conditions. The MI 3121 is equipped with a built-in charger and has a magnetic holder in order to free up hands for testing. All the results can be quickly saved on the instrument and then downloaded via the optional A 1291 EuroLink PRO or A 1290 EuroLink PRO Plus software for evaluation and professional report generation after testing. The MI 3121 SMARTEC performs continuity, insulation AC voltage and frequency measurement tests.
Metrel MI 3121 Applications:
- Domestic dead circuit testing
- Industrial dead circuit testing
- Telecommunication systems testing
- Resistance measurements
Metrel MI 3121 Suitable For:
Verification, maintenance and periodic testing of electrical installations:
- PE conductors
- Main and supplementary PE connections
- Troubleshooting (connectivity, polarity)
- Insulation resistance
- Testing on CAT IV installations (distribution side of installations, industrial plants etc)
- Observation of insulation trends Insulation of control, signal, telecom wiring (50,100V)
Metrel MI 3121 Measuring Functions:
- Insulation resistance with DC voltage
- Continuity of PE conductors with 200 mA test current with polarity change
- Continuity of PE conductors with 7 mA test current (continuous measurement) without RCD tripping
- TRMS voltage and frequency
Metrel MI 3121 Key Features:
- Insulation range: wide range of insulation test voltages from 50 V to 1000 V, measuring range up to 30 GΩ.
- Analogue scale and digital LCD: measuring results are displayed both in numeric and analogue representation.
- Downloadable: downloads via RS232 or USB cable directly to the PC with the help of the optional software.
- Upgradeable: if changes occur to the regulations upgrades can be made to the firmware to keep the instrument up to date.
- Polarity swap: automatic polarity reversal on continuity test.
- Built-in charger and rechargeable batteries: instrument has a built-in charging circuit and comes complete with a set of rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Custom limits: if limits are set on insulation or continuity function then large green and red lights of the LEDs will indicate a PASS or FAIL evaluation of test result.
- Easy to use: large bright LCD display and large buttons enable easy handling of the instrument (even while wearing gloves).
- Magnetic holder: magnet for fixing instrument on metal surfaces enables hands-free operation.
What comes with the Metrel MI 3121?
- Metrel MI3121H SMARTEC Insulation & Continuity Tester (2.5kV)
- Soft Hand Strap
- 2 x 1.5m Test Leads
- 2 x Test Probes (Red and Black)
- 2 x Crocodile Clips (Red and Black)
- Power Supply Adapter
- 6 x NiMH, Type AA Rechargeable Batteries
- Instruction Manual on CD
- Short Instruction Manual
- Handbook on CD
- Calibration Certificate