Socket & See IRC PRO Insulation and Continuity Tester
The Socket & See IRC PRO is an Insulation and Continuity Tester, ideal for every application from appliance to utility use.
250V, 500V, 1000V insulation tests are available along with continuity and a Buzzer facility that allows quick and easy “belling out”.
There is a hands-free feature that allows constant testing, making fault finding much easier!
Continuity Null ensures accuracy of your readings by nulling the resistance of test leads up to a value of 5 ohms.
The tester is fully protected against accidental connection to mains voltage. On connection to mains the volts present LED will flash red and an audible warning is given. The value of voltage will be displayed on the LCD screen.
Requires only 4 x AA batteries.
The Socket & See IRC PRO features 1,000V testing, with up to 500 tests from a single set of 4 x AA alkaline batteries. Expect even more tests when testing at 250v or 500V.
Other useful features include a large back lit display and protective rubber overmold, making the IRC PRO a versatile unit suitable for many environments. The unit is also fully protected against accidental connection to the mains, an often easy and expensive mistake.
Socket & See IRC PRO Key Features:
- Insulation Test (250V, 500V, 1000V)
- Auto ranging continuity up to 19.99kΩ
- Buzzer facility for “belling out”
- Nulls leads up to 5Ω
- Hands-free function
- Hazardous voltage LED and audible tone
- Auto switch off function for battery preservation.
- Dual insulated wear indicating test leads
- GS38 prods and clips
- Measurement category CAT III 500V (CAT IV 300V)
- Fully BS EN 61010 and BS EN 61557 certified
- EMC compliance - BS EN 61326
Socket & See IRC PRO Test Sequences:
- Turn the rotary dial to the required test voltage. Push the test button. During the test the LCD will indicate the test voltage being applied. The result will then be shown.
- Continuity Null
- To ensure greater accuracy when performing continuity tests a lead null should be carried out. This will ensure that test lead resistance is taken into account when testing.
- Turn the rotary dial to the continuity position. Apply test leads to the resistance to be measured and press the test button. To ensure accurate results, the test leads should be nulled.
- Hands-free operation is available for Continuity or Insulation functions. Select the function required with the rotary dial. Press the hands free button. HANDS-FREE will be displayed. Once the test button is pressed the tester will continue to perform the selected test until the hands free is deselected, the test button is pressed or the unit is powered off.
- The buzzer function is used for quick and easy “belling out”. Turn the rotary dial to the buzzer function and apply the test leads to the resistance to be measured.
What comes with the Socket & See IRC Pro?
- Socket & See IRC PRO Insulation and Continuity Tester
- Instruction manual
- Mains lead inc 3 x 4mm connectors
- Magnetic hanging strap
- 4 x AA batteries