Socket & See SP200 Professional Proving Unit
It should always be proved that any system is dead before commencing work. Two-pole voltage testers as recommended by the HSE, should be proved on a known live source or Proving Unit both before and after use. This is considered good practice by such organisations as the NICEIC Group.
The SP200 provides a cost effective and convenient way of proving the safe operation of two-pole voltage testers (including test lamps) and multimeters.
The UK designed SP200 Proving Unit provides a safe and reliable means of checking the correct operation of Multimeters and two pole voltage Indicators (VI) both before and after use.
The SP200 can be used to prove any Socket & See voltage tester both before and after its use. The voltage indication ramps up and down on the SP200, mimicking the ramp feature on the voltage indicator (if applicable).
Clear low battery indication is given by a blue flashing LED and batteries can be easily replaced by the user.
Unlike many other proving units, the SP200 generates a true AC waveform using only 6 AA batteries. The unit can carry out many hundred proving checks on a single set of batteries.
Socket & See SP200 Key Features:
- Test two pole volt testers including multimeters and test lamps
- The first proving unit to generate AC waveform for a true test
- Compact design encourages routine safety checks
- Automatic test function to conserve batteries
- Step voltage LED‘s indicate voltage being generated 50-100-230-400-690V
- Low battery indication gives ample warning to replace batteries