Chauvin Arnoux CA6255 10A Micro-Ohmmeter - High-Performance Instrument
With its intuitive operation and use, the CA6255 high performance micro-ohmmeter is ideal for measuring very low resistance values down to 0.1μΩ resolution, and to a very high level of nominal accuracy (0.05%)
A 4-wire Kelvin test methodology ensures elimination of lead and contact resistances at the lowest ranges, with measurement capability extending all the way up to 2,500Ω. A temperature compensation function utilising a Pt100 probe enables comparative results to be made under different testing conditions.
Test currents are available from 0.1mA to 10A depending on the range selected, and dedicated inductive and non-inductive modes ensure fast and accurate measurement on resistive loads, with optimised current generation and protection for measurements on inductive loads. The CA6255 automatically discharges the sample after completion of a test.
The CA6255 is also protected against accidental connection to a live supply and will prevent a test being performed in this situation. It features automatic compensation of stray voltages, has 2 programmable alarms, and up to 1,500 measurements can be stored in memory for later recall to the display, or download to a PC for analysis and report generation utilising the included DataView software.
Housed in a similar rugged IP53 case as the general purpose CA6240, the CA6255 is at home in the most demanding environments whether on-site, in the workshop or in the laboratory. It is used in a variety of applications including general bond testing, circuit breaker, switch and relay contact resistance, earth continuity, weld quality, etc., as well as transformers, motors and other coil wound or similar devices.
Despite the high levels of performance and accuracy, the CA6255 is significantly smaller and lighter than many equivalent competitor products!
Chauvin Arnoux CA6255 Key Features:
- Optimised current generator on inductive objects
- Measurement up to 2,500 Ω, resolution 0.1 μΩ
- Automatic compensation of stray voltages at input terminals
- Calculation of R at a reference temperature – Pt100 Ω probe
- 4-wire measurement method, 1 µΩ to 2,500 Ω (7 ranges, 3 with a 10 A current)
- 3 measurement modes available depending on the application: inductive, non-inductive and non-inductive with automatic trigger
- Temperature compensation function for comparative results
- Programmable alarms / 1,500-measurement storage capacity
- Large backlit LCD display offering a wide range of symbols and indicators
- 50 V CAT III
- Automatic discharge after test
- Storage of up to 1,500 measurements
- Communication with a PC
- To permit further application new retractable 10 A KELVIN test probes are now available as accessories
Chauvin Arnoux CA6255 Measurement Capability:
- Chassis-earth continuity tests
- Surface and metallisation conditions
- Quality of contacts (switches, relays)
- Resistance of cables and windings
- Heating of motors and transformers
- Verification of mechanical connections
What comes with the Chauvin Arnoux CA6255?
- Set of cables 3 m long terminated by Kelvin clamps
- Euro mains power cable 2 m long
- CD-ROM containing the MOT (Micro-Ohmmeter Transfer) software
- RS 232 communication cable
- CD-ROM containing the user’s manual in 9 languages