Megger DLRO10HD Heavy Duty Ducter / Low Resistance Ohmmeter
Augmenting DLRO10 and 10X range, the DLRO10HD combines ultimate simplicity of operation with a rugged IP65 case designed for stable ground and bench operation.
The unit is powered from either its rechargeable battery or line power making it suitable for continuous testing in production line/repetitive use environments. Rotary switch controls are simple and easy to operate in all weather conditions and with gloved hands. A large, clear, backlit LCD display is easy to read from a distance.
The DLRO10HD provides significantly enhanced compliance and is capable of delivering 10 A into measurements up to 250 mΩ and 1 A into measurements up to 2.5 Ω. The duration of each test may be up to 60 seconds. The DLRO10HD is rated CATIII 300 V provided the optional terminal cover is fitted to the instrument. Details of which can be found in the ordering information panel of this data sheet. The DLRO10HD provides five test modes each of which is selected through a simple rotary control.
Megger DLRO10HD Key Features:
- Rugged construction, accurate, easy-to-use
- Internal rechargeable battery (also operates from a mains supply, even if the battery is completely flat)
- High or low output power selection for condition diagnosis
- 10 A for 60 seconds
- less time waiting to cool
- great for charging inductance
- High input projection to 600 V: inadvertent connection to line or UPS voltage will not blow a fuse
- Rotary switch selects one of five test modes, including auto-start on connection, giving ease of use
- Heavy duty case: IP65 lid closed, IP54 battery operation
- NEW interchangeable test lead terminations
What power can the DLRO10HD provide?
We could be talking about one of two things but each provides real benefits:
Power supply – the DLRO10HD, like many low resistance ohmmeters is powered by rechargeable batteries, however what happens when the battery is flat? The result is a few hours waiting for the battery to charge! The DLRO10HD can be operated from a mains or line supply AND charge its battery at the same time. No more waiting for a battery to charge. This is particularly useful in manufacturing environments!
Power output – applying too much current during a test will result in power dissipation in the test piece, in turn resulting in heating. The heating alters the resistance of the test piece. This is the very reason why the established DLRO10 limits power output to 0.2 W. However there are some applications where having higher power output is useful. The DLRO10HD is unique - it gives you the best of both worlds. The user can select measurement ranges of either low or high power.
As with many low resistance ohmmeters the applications are far and wide. Here are a few applications suited to a DLRO10HD:
- During electrical manufacturing processes
- Testings switches, connectors and relays
- Cable resistance
- Cable looms
- UPS/Car batteries
- Power and Distribution
- Bus bars
- Cable joints
- Wind turbines
- Lightning protection
- Earth ground bonds
See the ‘DLROHD Application Guide‘ for full application list.
What comes with the Megger DLRO10HD?
- (1006-603) Megger DLRO10HD Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter
- DLRO10HD User Guide CD
- (1006-444) Megger DH4-C Test Lead Set
- Warranty Book