Megger KC-C Series Long Test Leads Kelvin Clamp/Probe Reel
Wind turbine lightning protection low current test lead sets (2 A).
An updated version to the popular KC Series test leads for the DLRO2 Low Resistance Ohmmeter (taking advantage of the ‘Long Test Lead‘ mode on the DLRO2). The DLRO2‘s ability to test with up to 3.2 Ω total resistance at 1 A means the new KC-C series of leads can be much smaller and lighter, a distinct safety enhancement when working at height; for example the KC100C cable reel weighs in at a low 7.6 kg, compared to the nearly 15 kg weight of the KC100 cable reel!
How do the KC50C / KC100C reel work with KC50E extension?
The Megger KC50E is an extension reel to fit either the KC50C or KC100C lead sets. One end of the test lead is fitted with a IP54 rated male connector and the other is fitted with a female connector. When the two are joined and locked together the connector becomes IP68 rated.
NB: When in use the extension reel would be unwound first, the cable disconnected from the from cable drum, and then connected to either a KC100C or KC50C. The cable can then continue to be laid out in the normal fashion.
Megger KC-C Key Features:
- Designed for use with the new DLRO2 that provides an easy to use dedicated long test lead mode
- Instrument terminations coloured red and black to suit DLRO2 terminals
- Cable reels available in two lengths KC100C (100 m) and KC50C (50 m)
- 50 m extension (KC50E) allows up to 200 m testing with the DLRO2 ‘Long Test Lead‘ mode
- Unique lightweight and versatile design ideal for difficult testing tasks
- Thinner cable and less weight greatly improves safety when working from height
- Allows easy and reliable low resistance measurements of lightning protection circuit resistance of:
- Tall structures
- Wind turbines
- Long cables
- Easy to use click-to-lock connectors rated IP68 for working outdoors
- Safety enhancement for working at height
- Unique lightweight and versatile design
- Only 7.6 kg (16.8 lbs), nearly half the weight of it‘s predecessor
To connect simply align and push together until you feel a positive click. Due to the water proofing seals a reasonable amount of force may be required. To release pull sleeve back and pull connector apart.
Megger KC-C Applications:
- Testing the lightning protection of a wind turbine
- Testing lightning and static protection on airplanes
- Testing cables on subsea cable laying applications
- Any application measuring low resistance on applications that require very long test leads
What comes with the KC-C Leads Sets:
The KC100C and KC50C lead sets consist of two leads, a short one 3 m long, and a long one on a cable drum. On each end of each test lead there is an IP68 rated click locking connector (when connected). This allows the terminations to be fitted on either end of the test leads, and the instrument connections are interchangeable with the test connections.
The lead sets are supplied with the following:
- One 50 or 100 m cable reel fitted with male connectors
- One short 3 m test lead fitted with male connectors
- One Kelvin probe fitted with short female connector
- One large Kelvin clamp fitted with short female connector
- Two right angled 4 mm test terminals to fit the DLRO2