FLUKE 1748 Power Quality Logger
Troubleshoot, quantify energy usage and perform power quality of surveys easier than ever.
The 1748 Three-Phase Power Quality Logger gives you fast, easy access to the comprehensive data you need to make critical power quality and energy decisions in real-time. With the included Energy Analyse Plus software package you can easily create detailed reports at the touch of a button.
- The auto-configuration check ensures every measurement campaign is right, the first time
- Measure detailed power quality and power parameters - over 500 different parameters are logged for each averaging period
- Create comprehensive reports according to the most common power quality standards in seconds
- Conveniently power the instrument directly from the measured circuit
What Extra Advanced Features Do I Get With The FLUKE 1748?
(Compared to the FLUKE 1746)
Advanced recording capability:
- Transients (low frequency)/Waveform deviation events
Inrush - When a large load energises, it is common to have a large increase of current for a short period of time, typically referred to as inrush current. Often there is a decrease in voltage at the same time referred to as a dip.
Event Waveform Capture - Equipment trips or resets can often be triggered by a significant decrease in the voltage. Depending on the sensitivity of the equipment, this could be as fast as a portion of a waveform or something that lasted many cycles showing up in the RMS trend data.
The magnetic hanger kit comes as standard so you can conveniently stow the instrument safely inside or outside of electrical panels; compatible with all models.
FLUKE 1748 Hardware Key Features:
- Measure all three voltage and current phases plus the neutral current: Three-phase and neutral voltage leads and four flexible current probes*.
- Comprehensive logging: More than 20 separate logging sessions can be stored in the instrument. A comprehensive range of power and power quality variables are automatically logged so you never lose measurement trends.
- Measure with premium accuracy: Meets the rigorous IEC 61000-4-30 Class A Edition 3 standard for Testing and measurement techniques / Power quality measurement methods.
- Measure key power quality parameters: Measures harmonics and interharmonics for voltage and current, also includes unbalance, flicker and rapid voltage changes.
- Optimised user interface: Capture the right data every time with quick, guided, graphical PC based application setup and reduce uncertainty about your connections with an intelligent verification feature and the only auto-correction function for a power quality logger. Connection errors are automatically indicated via an amber light on the units power button which turns green once corrected.
- Optimised user interface: Quick, guided, graphical setup ensures you’re capturing the right data every time, and the intelligent verification function indicates correct connections have been made, reducing user uncertainty
- Flexible power supply: Powers directly from the measured circuit with the widest available range for a power quality logger automatically going from 100 V to 500 V or from a wall line cord, so you can test anywhere.
- Rugged and reliable: Designed to withstand harsh installation environments with IP65 rating when used with IP65 voltage input adapter.
- Two external USB ports: One for PC connection and another for quick, simple data download to standard USB thumb drives, or other USB devices, allowing you to leave the measurement device in place without disrupting logging.
- Ethernet connectivity: Wired and wireless connections for instrument setup and high-speed data download.
- Compact size: Designed to fit in tight spaces and panels with small 23 cm x 18 cm x 5.4 cm (9.1 in x 7.1 in x 2.1 in) footprint.
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream.
- Optimised measurement accessories: Unique tangle-free flat voltage cable and thin flexible current probes ensure easy installation even in tight spaces.
- Battery life: Four-hour operating time (backup time) per charge on lithium-ion battery to withstand temporary power disruptions.
- Security: Safeguard your best asset from theft with a standard chain or other security device.
- Magnetic hanger kit: Conveniently stow the instrument safely inside or outside of electrical panels; compatible with all models (and included with 1748 model as standard).
* Model dependant
FLUKE 1748 Software Key Features:
- "In-workshop" or "in-the-field" setup and download through PC application software: simple download using USB memory stick, WiFi download, wired Ethernet connection or via USB cable.
- Energy Analyse plus application software: Download and analyse every measured detail of energy consumption and power quality state-of-health with automated reporting.
- One-touch reporting: Create standardised reports according to commonly used standards like EN 50160, IEEE 519, GOST 33073 or export data in PQDIF or NeQual compatible format for use with third party software.
- Advanced analysis: Choose any available logged parameter to create a highly customised view of logged measurements for advanced correlation of data.
The various models of the FLUKE 1748:
- (FLUKE 1748/B/EUS) without IFLEX Current Probes
- (FLUKE 1748/15/EUS) with 24IN/60CM 1,500A IFLEX Current Probes
- (FLUKE 1748/30/EUS) with 24IN/60CM 3,000A IFLEX Current Probes