Megger ODEN AT Primary Current Injection Test System
Megger ODEN AT Primary Current Injection Test System consists of a control unit together with one, two or three current units offering an maximum output of 13 kA for one second and 3800 A continuous. There are three versions of the current unit: S, X and H. The S and X current units are identical except that the X unit has an additional 30/60 V output. The H unit is rated for even higher current. This makes an ODEN AT system very flexible. Each component is portable, and ODEN AT can be quickly assembled and connected.
The control unit has many advanced features – a measurement section that can display turns ratio as well as time, voltage and current. A second measurement channel can be used to test an additional current or voltage. Current transformer turns ratio, impedance, resistance, power, power factor (cos φ) and phase angle are calculated and shown in the display. Current and voltage can be presented as percentages of nominal value. The fast-acting hold function freezes short-duration readings on the digital display; when the voltage or contact signal arrives at the stop input, the object under test interrupts the current or injection is stopped.
Megger ODEN Key Features:
- Most Advanced Primary Current Injection Test System to simplify all types of switchgear and CT commissioning, ground grid, circuit breaker testing and more
- Modular design to permit optimal user configuration of output current vs. unit size
- Compact transport cart facilitates portability into switchgear rooms with limited space
- Unique I/30 function allows the current to be pre-set using low current to prevent test sample heating, thus eliminating corruption of test result
Megger ODEN Applications:
- Primary current injection testing and breaker testing
These tests require high currents and the ability to measure very short duration, current flow. ODEN AT has been designed especially to meet these needs
- Testing current transformers
For turns ratio testing, the primary current and either the secondary current or the turns ratio are displayed simultaneously.
- Polarity testing
The currents phase displacement is shown, and the polarities of the outputs are clearly marked.
- Heat runs
ODEN AT is ideal for performing heat runs. Current can be applied continuously or through programmable intervals. The times can be shown in minutes and hours which facilitates long-term testing capability.
- Automatic reclosers and sectionalizers
ODEN AT can also be set to test circuit breakers with reclosing relays. Operating limits, partial times, total times and the number of operations before lockout can be measured. User-selectable reclosing sequences can be programmed for testing sectionalizers.
- Testing integrity of ground grids and safety-ground devices