Megger FRAX Sweep Frequency Response Analyser
Power transformers are some of the most vital components in today’s transmission and distribution infrastructure. Transformer failures cost enormous amounts of money in unexpected outages and unscheduled maintenance. It is important to avoid these failures and make testing and diagnostics reliable and efficient.
The FRAX series of sweep frequency response analysers (SFRA) detects potential mechanical and electrical problems that other methods are unable to detect. Major utilities and service companies have used the ‘FRA‘ method for more than a decade. The measurement is easy to perform and will capture a unique fingerprint of the transformer. The measurement is compared to a reference fingerprint and gives a direct answer if the mechanical parts of the transformer are unchanged or not. Deviations indicate geometrical and/or electrical changes within the transformer. FRAX is an investment that will save time and money!
Most dielectric and mechanical failures in large power transformers are preceded by mechanical changes in the winding structure. These displacements in the winding structure may be the result of transportation damage, short circuit forces, or natural aging effects on the insulating structures used to support the windings. Detection of these displacements before dielectric failure reduces maintenance costs, and improves system reliability. FRAX Sweep Frequency Response Analyser (SFRA) is designed to detect winding displacements in power transformers or faults in the magnetic core.
Megger FRAX Key Features:
- Designed for medium and high-voltage substations and industrial environments
- Highest dynamic range and accuracy in the industry
- Fulfills international standards for SFRA measurements
- Advanced analysis and decision support built into the software. FRAX 150 with built in PC and touchscreen
- Imports data from other FRA test sets
- Wireless communication (FRAX 101)
- Battery operated (optional FRAX 99 and FRAX 101)
- Continuity control of ground connections (FRAX 101 and 150)
Megger FRAX Detects:
- Winding deformations and displacements
- Shorted turns and open windings
- Broken clamping structures
- Core connection problems
- Partial winding collapse
- Faulty core grounds
- Core movements