Megger MIT220 Light-weight Insulation and Continuity Tester
The Megger MIT220 will find applications in electrical contracting, both on domestic and industrial systems, as well as site maintenance and service departments.
This Insulation and Continuity tester is perfect for testing:
- Electrical panels
- Domestic appliances
- Power tools
- Fixed electrical wiring systems
Megger MIT220 Key Features:
- Compact / light weight - Ideal for those engineers that need to carry them for extended periods
- Capable of performing 250V and 500V insulation testing with 1000MΩ range
- Continuity testing at 200 mA down to 0.01 Ω
- Live circuit warning (voltage display) and test inhibit
- Digital/Analogue display
- Alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- –10ºC to +55ºC operating temperature
- CATIII 600 V
- Conforms to EN61557-1
Testing With The Megger MIT220
- Automatic continuity testing is performed at 200 mA to ensure compliance with international requirements.
- Autostart feature - no need to press the test button to begin the test (both hands can be used to hold the test lead probes).
- All instruments will measure up to 100 Ω on continuity, with 0-10 Ω using 200 mA so meeting international electrical testing requirements.
- Lead null is possible up to 9.99 Ω of test lead resistance, providing the ability to null fused, extended or standard test leads.
- A buzzer provides a means of rapid cable testing and circuit continuity identification, with voltage protection should you accidentally touch a live circuit.
- The buzzer operates at a 2 Ω threshold.
- Every Megger instrument is designed with safety as its primary objective.
- There are in-built safety checks to warn of inadvertent connection to a hazardous live supply on all ranges.
- All instruments meet or exceed the requirements of safety directive IEC 61010 and EN 61557 for insulation and continuity testing.
Default Volt Meter
- A built-in voltmeter is automatically activated and displays the system voltage when the instrument is connected to a circuit with an a.c. or d.c. voltage greater than 25 V.
- Circuits in excess of 25 V will generate a voltage warning as above. The instrument will inhibit testing on circuits over 50 V on both
continuity and insulation test ranges, protecting the operator and the instrument from injury or damage.
What comes with the Megger MIT220?
- MIT220 Insulation and Continuity Tester
- Lead Set
- Carry Case