Megger MIT481/2 Insulation and continuity for Communications Engineers
The MIT480/2 Insulation and Continuity Tester replaces the original MIT480 range - designed specifically for the Telecommunications and Cable testing markets.
The Megger MIT481/2 has an ergonomic design with the latest measurement techniques and live circuit protection, boasting faster continuity testing and stabilised insulation test voltages, for a more accurate set of test results.
Insulation testing has the addition of feedback control to stabilise the test voltage to less than +2% (+2V) over-voltage, for safer and more accurate measurement. As well as offering all the functionality of the standard MIT400/2 models, this series has an additional three terminal connection permiting the connection of all three test leads for A, B and E (or Tip, Ring and Ground). The measurement pair is selected from the A-B-E (T-R-G) button on the front panel. Selection is confirmed in the display. No disconnection of test leads to measure individual pairs are required.
Alternatively the unit can be used as a conventional two terminal instrument.
Variable test voltage is also available from 10 V to 500 V in 1V steps.
Continuity testing is now fully automatic from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ with fast contact detection whilst continuously protecting against accidental contact with live circuits.
Megger MIT481/2 Key Features:
- Insulation testing up to 500 V and 100 GΩ range in a hand held instrument
- 600 V Trms AC and DC voltage measurement
- Test result storage and Bluetooth downloading
- CAT IV 600 V and IP 54
What Improvements are in Version 2?
- 3 wire connection for A, B and E (Tip, Ring and Earth) connection
- Gated access to 500 V to prevent accidental damage
- Rechargeable options for mains and car charging
- Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ
- Differential measurement capability
- Stabilised insulation test voltage
- Test voltages 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, and 500 V
- Adjustable test voltage from 10 V to 500 V
- PASS/FAIL (✓/✖) indication displayed depending on threshold voltage
- The test range is displayed during selection
The range consists of two instruments:
MIT481/2 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V* + Storage
MIT485/2 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V* + Storage + Download + recharge ready
* Gated access – prevents accidental selection
What comes with the Megger MIT481/2?
- Megger MIT481 Telecom Insulation & Continuity Tester
- Red/Black Silicone Lead Set with Clips
- Protective Rubber Casing
- Remote Switch Probe
- Calibration Certificate