Chauvin Arnoux CA6549 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester for Testing / Maintenance of Industrial Equipment
As one of the most advanced 5kV insulation testers on the market, the CA6549 combines simple intuitive operation of all of the common insulation testing protocols with advanced diagnostic testing
Suitable for HV insulation testing during construction, maintenance and the inspection of industrial equipment, as well as advanced diagnostic and analytical applications, the CA6549 makes light work of simple Insulation Resistance tests (IR), Polarisation Index (PI), Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR), Step Voltage (SV) and Dielectric Discharge (DD). Tests can be timed, time limited, automatically extrapolated for different temperatures, and threshold alarms can be set. Test voltage can be selected in the range of 50 to 5000vDC.
Insulation resistance, leakage current, test voltage, capacitance and other test parameters and results are displayed on a large graphical LCD along with a plot of insulation resistance over time. Test results can be stored in internal memory for direct printing, or downloading and analysis using the complementary DataView software.
Despite its advanced capability the CA6549 is housed in the same rugged “site-proof” enclosure as the CA6505 and CA6545, and is used throughout the world by electrical utilities, industrial customers and equipment manufacturers, as well as universities, HV training centres, and diagnostic testing organisations.
It combines simple, safe and fast operation, with highly accurate test results, in the range of 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ with a high performance guard circuit to ensure unwanted leakage paths are eliminated from the test results.
The CA6549 will perform several days of testing powered by its Internal rechargeable batteries (30 days based on a typical use of 10 DAR and 5 PI tests per day) and can be powered from the mains supply.
Despite its advanced functionality and capability the CA6549 is still smaller and lighter than many similar competitor products!
Chauvin Arnoux CA6549 Key Features:
- Measurement range: 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ
- 4 fixed test voltages: 500 / 1,000 / 2,500 and 5,000V
- Adjustable test voltage position: 40 to 5,100V in 10V or 100V increments
- Step voltage mode: R(Utest) measurement curve viewed on the screen / gradient calculated automatically in ppm/V
- Storage: 1000s of measurements
- DAR, PI and DD quality ratios: calculated automatically
- Programmable test length / R(t) measurement curve: displayed directly on the screen
- Test functions: test voltage locking, smooth function, programmable alarms etc.
- Connection to PC
- Rechargeable battery: 30 days‘ operation
- Electrical safety: IEC 61010-1 CATIII 1000V or CATI 2500V and 61557
Chauvin Arnoux CA6549 Applications:
- Insulation measurement on cables, motors, generators, transformers…
2 levels of diagnostics:
- "Go/No go" measurement
- Qualitative measurement for preventive maintenance:
- Testing with programmed duration
- Quality ratios: polarisation index (PI) & dielectric absorption ratio (DAR)
- Insulation testing on heterogeneous or multi-layer cables (dielectric discharge index)
- Step voltage
- Locking of test voltages: ideal when entrusting the instrument to less experienced users
- Measurement voltage selectable from 40 to 5,100 V to deal with all types of measurement situations
- Possibility of storing the results in the memory and exporting the data by means of software to keep a log of the measurements
What comes with the Chauvin Arnoux CA6549?
- C.A. 6549 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester
- 2 x HV safety leads (1 x red, 1 x blue) with HV plug and HV crocodile clip (3 m)
- 1 x Black guarded HV safety lead with HV plug and HV crocodile clip (3 m)
- 1 x Blue guarded HV safety lead with HV plug and HV crocodile clip (0.35 m)
- 1 x Mains power cable (1.80 m)
- 1 x USB drive containing the user’s manuals
- 1 x USB-A / USB-B cable