Megger S1-568 5kV High Performance Diagnostic Insulation Tester
- Proven ability to make accurate stable measurements in noisy environments such as 765 kV substations
- Rapid charge of capacitive loads such as HV power cables
- Additional safety in high energy locations with remote operation
- Always ready to test with fast charge Li-ion battery or a.c. source operation
- Designed to survive harsh environments
These top end insulation testers are targeted at power utilities and service companies working in generation, transmission and distribution markets. They feature class leading charge current, noise rejection and software filters.
The insulation resistance test is a quantitative test which indicates the effectiveness of a product’s electrical insulation; applications include:
- Circuit breakers
Common insulation tests are the ‘spot test‘, a 1 minute IR test and a 10 minute Polarisation Index (PI) test, where PI is the ratio R10min / R1min and is temperature independent.
The Megger S1-568 boasts five preset voltage ranges are provided in insulation test mode, plus a user settable lock voltage range. Pre-configured diagnostic tests include Polarisation Index (PI), Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR), Dielectric Discharge (DD), Stepped Voltage (SV) and Ramp test.
Megger S1-568 Key Features:
- Resistance measurement: 15 TΩ - 5 kV
- High current: 6 mA short circuit current
- High noise immunity: 8 mA of noise rejection
- Four software filters: 10 s, 30 s, 100 s, 200 s
- Li-ion battery: charges in 2 hours. Gives up to 6hrs continuous testing a 100 MΩ load (S1-568)
- Safety rating: CAT IV 600 V up to 3000 m
- Remote operation via USB cable
- Download of memory via isolated USB cable Bluetooth
- IR, timed IR, DAR, PI, DD, SV and ramp diagnostic tests
- Large LCD display with back-light
- Dedicated voltmeter function (30 V to 660 V) AC or DC
- Advanced memory, on screen recall and real time clock for date/ time stamped results
- PowerDB Lite asset management software
- Option to record temperature and/or relative humidity with saved results (measured independently)
- New Transport Case option (-TC)
Megger S1-568 Test Leads:
This model is supplied with one 3m lead-set with medium sized clips, designed for clamping on larger diameter test pieces, but where space is at a premium.