T&R BT50 High Voltage Boot Tester
The BT50 is a high voltage test system designed for high voltage insulation testing up to 50kV. The system consists of a control unit and an interlocked test enclosure containing all high voltage parts.
The output voltage has three ranges, allowing the output to be adjusted 0-10kV, 0-20kV and 0-50kV. Digital metering of output current and voltage is provided using true RMS measurement. The unit is fitted with zero-voltage interlock, enclosure interlock, emergency stop switches & beacon. The output voltage is metered using a voltage divider.
The enclosure has clearances allowing testing up to 50kV and automatic earthing of the test object. The enclosure has a 100mm port on the rear for extraction of ozone (for connection of a customer-supplied ozone extraction system).
Breakdown of the test object is visually indicated and the unit must be manually reset after a trip condition before testing can be resumed.
T&R BT50 Key Features:
- 50kV maximum output voltage
- 0-10kV/20kV/50kV output ranges (Selected by keyswitch)
- Key operated supply switch
- Pre-settable output voltage 0-50kV
- Maximum output current 32mA for 30 seconds
- Programmable rate of rise of voltage (0.5kV/s, 1kV/s, 2kV/s)
- Overload protection with variable electronic trip
- Digital voltage and current metering
- Interlocked test enclosure
- Emergency stop switches & beacon
- Visual indication of test piece failure