Megger TORKEL 930 Battery Load Tester
The TORKEL 900 Series is the fourth generation of trusted battery discharge test systems. Discharge testing is the only test method that provides a comprehensive insight into battery capacity, and is therefore an essential part of vigorous battery maintenance programmes.
The Megger TORKEL 930 performs load tests or discharge tests to determine battery systems actual capacity. The unit is extremely portable and lightweight enough to be carried by one person, as well as be checked in as luggage on flights.
Users will benefit from the dynamic discharge technology, since it utilises the maximum power at the widest voltage range in the industry, providing the use of a high discharge current. This means shorter testing times and since tests can be run while the battery is still in service, TORKEL 930 ultimately reduces outage times.
TORKEL 930 is used for battery systems ranging from 12 to 300 V, often encountered in switchgear and similar equipment. The high discharge capacity of TORKEL gives the opportunity to shorten the test time. Discharging can take place at up to 220 A, and if higher current is needed, two or more TORKEL units or extra load units, TXL, can be linked together. Tests can be conducted at constant current, constant power, constant resistance or in accordance with a pre-selected load profile. Testing can also be carried out without disconnecting the battery from the equipment it serves. Via a DC clamp-on probe, TORKEL measures the total battery current while regulating it at a constant level. Battery systems can be plus or minus grounded or free floating.
Megger TORKEL 930 Safety
Safety of the user is at the forefront of the design with compliance with EMC and LVD standards and third-party certifications to provide adequate protection against electric shock. Safety features include spark free connection, emergency stop, and speed monitored fans to detect blocked airflow.
Megger TORKEL 930 Key Features:
- An the spot analysis: Intuitive analytical abilities built into the unit, plus 7 inch touch-widescreen
- Discharge testing for full insight into battery capacity
- Enhanced safety features including spark free connection and emergency safety fuse
- Ability to test the battery without disconnecting it from the system
- High discharge capacity shortens the test time
- A complete stand-alone discharge test system
What extra features do you get with the TORKEL 930?
The TORKEL 930 model offers the following features over the 910 model:
- Current (max) increases to 220 A
- BVM functionality (Battery Voltage Monitor) is a battery voltage measurement device that is used for monitoring of cell voltages and battery blocks in battery banks com-monly found in electrical power sub-stations, telecom facilities and computer data centre UPS systems.
- Charging measurement
- Full report functionality with TORKEL Viewer (test results can be presented and edited on a PC using this PC software)
What comes with the TORKEL 930?
- TORKEL 930
- Mains cable
- (GA-09550) Cable set, 2 x 3 m, 70 mm2
- TORKEL Viewer
- USB memory stick
- Transport case