Radiodetection eCAT4 Cable Avoidance Tool with Data Logging and Swing
This product is now obsolete. To find out more about other models still available click on the relevant Cable Avoidance Tool: CAT4EN29, CAT4+EN31, GCAT4+EN03.
Radiodetection‘s CAT and Genny 4 range enables operators to work more efficiently, more safely, and to manage their CAT4 and Genny4 fleet more effectively.
eCAT4 series units feature on-board data acquisition to aid in identifying training needs, while the SWING warning alerts the operator to incorrect usage patterns, encouraging corrective action. All CAT4 units are equipped with Radiodetection’s proprietary eCert technology, which provides a comprehensive assessment of the unit’s hardware and software using an internet connection to Radiodetection*, and can be used to extend the validity of the CAT4’s calibration certificate on-demand.
*Further purchase may be required
Radiodetection eCAT4 Key Features As Standard:
- Avoidance mode for rapid surveying - Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals.
- Genny signal locate
- Power signal locate - Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio signal locate - Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Small Diameter locate frequency
- eCert - Forms part of an annual service regime and is activated through the CAT Manager PC software.
- Dynamic overload protection
- Data acquisition
- Service due indicator - Countdown from 31 days before due
- Swing warning
▶ Video: How do I locate streetlighting cables?
Radiodetection eCAT4 Data Acquisition/Logging Feature:
Log and save key eCAT4 usage parameters, recorded at 1-second intervals.
On-board memory allows over a year’s worth of data** to be stored on eCAT4 series products. This data can be backed-up to a PC at any time, giving virtually unlimited record keeping for the life of the product. Retrieved data can be analysed, either locally or remotely, to aid in ensuring compliance and identifying training requirements. Factors include:
- Mode of use
- Date and time of survey
- Angle of use
- Bargraph readout
- Depth measurements made
- Last / next calibration date
- Genny / Power / Radio signal strengths
- StrikeAlert / Swing warning statuses
- Audio status
- Sensitivity control setting
- Battery status
- Dynamic Overload Protection /signal overload status
**Based on 8 hours use per day, 5 days per week
Radiodetection eCAT4 Service Due Indicator Feature:
Annual service and calibration is key to ensuring that CAT operators can work safely and with confidence in their equipment. To support this, eCAT4 units provide a 31-day Service Due countdown warning on start-up.
Radiodetection eCAT4 Swing Warning Feature:
Designed to respond exceptionally fast to even the smallest detectable underground signals. Radiodetection’s research into underground signal detection has shown that the ability of an operator to identify these buried utilities is directly affected by careless working practices such as excessive or rapid swinging. To further reduce utility strike risks, eCAT4 units are equipped with sensors to detect such incorrect usage and warn the operator with an alert that is also stored in the data log.
The various models of the Radiodetection eCAT4:
- (10/ECAT4EN39) eCAT4, Data, SWING
- (10/ECAT4EN69) eCAT4, Data, SWING, CALSafe
- (10/ECAT4EN59) eCAT4, Data, SWING, StrikeAlert
- (10/ECAT4EN89) eCAT4, Data, SWING, StrikeAlert, CALSafe
Radiodetection eCAT4 CALS Feature:
CALSafe enabled units can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of the defined calibration interval, to help ensure compliance with individual company policies.The interval required between services can be customised using the CAT Manager software to anything up to one year.
Radiodetection eCAT4 StrikeAlert Feature:
Warns of shallow buried utilities, improved in CAT4 to minimise false alerts.