RadioDetection gCAT4 Cable Avoidance Tool with Data Logging; SWING; Strike Alert; CALSafe; GPS
This product is now obsolete. To find out more about other models still available click on the relevant Cable Avoidance Tool: CAT4EN29, CAT4+EN31, GCAT4+EN03.
Radiodetection‘s CAT and Genny 4 range enables operators to work more efficiently, more safely, and to manage their CAT4 and Genny4 fleet more effectively.
gCAT4 adds GPS position to the usage data recorded. Bluetooth connectivity allows seamless transfer of usage data to the CAT Manager Online cloud based system for near real-time monitoring of operators’ performance (using the Android or Apple app).
▶ Video: How do I locate streetlighting cables?
gCAT4 Key Features As Standard:
- Avoidance mode for rapid surveying - Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals.
- Genny signal locate - With on-demand estimation of the depth4 of buried utilities.
- Power signal locate - Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio signal locate - Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Small Diameter locate frequency
- eCert - Forms part of an annual service regime and is activated through the CAT Manager PC software.
- Dynamic overload protection
- StrikeAlert - Warns of shallow buried utilities, improved in CAT4 to minimise false alerts.
- Data acquisition
- Service due indicator - Countdown from 31 days before due
- Swing warning
- Bluetooth Low Energy - Fully integrated data logging memory, GPS/GNSS receiver and Bluetooth Low Energy options
- High speed USB 2.0 data connection - Connect to a PC to configure CAT settings, run an eCert, and to rapidly transfer usage data from your gCAT4.
gCAT4 Data Acquisition/Logging Feature:
Log and save key gCAT4 usage parameters, recorded at 1-second intervals.
On-board memory allows over a year’s worth of data** to be stored on gCAT4 series products. This data can be backed-up to a PC at any time, giving virtually unlimited record keeping for the life of the product. Retrieved data can be analysed, either locally or remotely, to aid in ensuring compliance and identifying training requirements. Factors include:
- Mode of use
- Date and time of survey
- Angle of use
- Bargraph readout
- Depth measurements made
- Last / next calibration date
- Genny / Power / Radio signal strengths
- StrikeAlert / Swing warning statuses
- Audio status
- Sensitivity control setting
- Battery status
- Dynamic Overload Protection/signal overload status
- Speed over ground
- Location of survey (Latitude/Longitude)
- Number of Satellites Received
**Based on 8 hours use per day, 5 days per week
gCAT4 Service Due Indicator Feature:
Annual service and calibration is key to ensuring that CAT operators can work safely and with confidence in their equipment. To support this, gCAT4 units provide a 31-day Service Due countdown warning on start-up.
gCAT4 Swing Warning Feature:
Designed to respond exceptionally fast to even the smallest detectable underground signals. Radiodetection’s research into underground signal detection has shown that the ability of an operator to identify these buried utilities is directly affected by careless working practices such as excessive or rapid swinging. To further reduce utility strike risks, gCAT4 units are equipped with sensors to detect such incorrect usage and warn the operator with an alert that is also stored in the data log.
gCAT4 CALSafe Feature:
CALSafe enabled units can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of the defined calibration interval, to help ensure compliance with individual company policies.The interval required between services can be customised using the CAT Manager software to anything up to one year.
gCAT4 Internal GPS/GNSS Feature:
Automatically log the position of the CAT alongside key locate parameters each second to prove work history and analyse working practices. Smart GPS integration - The gCAT4 GPS implementation is designed to enable fast GPS fixes even if the CAT is used for only a few seconds at a time – and no operator interaction is needed. The gCAT4 range incorporates an internal GPS/GNSS receiver which adds positional data to log records showing not only how the operator was working, but also where the CAT was being used.