Megger TDR2000/3 Advanced Dual Channel TDR
The Megger TDR2000/3 Advance Dual Channel TDR has been designed for use on all metallic paired cables and offers straight forward operation, complete with:
- Large, high resolution backlit colour LCD (800 x 480) with easy set up features
- Directional control buttons and soft keys
- Comprehensive dual channel capability with dual aspect display
- Adjustable display contrast
- Resolution to 0.1 m
- IP54 rated
The Megger TDR2000/3 is a state of the art, dual channel, high resolution, compact Time Domain Reflectometer with a colour screen for locating faults on paired metallic cables. The TDR2000/3 has a minimum resolution of 0.1m/0.3ft and a 20km/60kft maximum range depending on the velocity factor selected and the cable type.
Five output impedances are available (25, 50, 75, 100, 125 ohms) and an auto impedance matching feature. The velocity factor can be set between 0.2 and 0.99 to meet any cable test requirements.
▶ Video: Megger TDR2050 Model
Megger TDR2000/3 Key Features:
- Xpert guidance to potential fault
- Autofind guide to potential fault location
- AUTO set up mode for instant use
- Ensures that the most effective parameters are selected for rapid diagnosis of the TDR trace
- Dual cursors allow complete flexibility - full control and instant indication of distance between two points
- Ultra fast pulse for near end fault identification.
- 100 Trace on-board memory
- For the storage and recall of test results
- Recalled to the display for analysis or compared with an active display to aid in fault location
- Alternatively the stored results can be downloaded to a computer, via the USB port, using the TraceXpert software and USB lead provided
- TraceXpert PC software analysis tool
- USB connection to PC allowing upload and download of traces
- For use on Telecom TNV-3 circuit, or 150V CAT IV power circuits
- Power blocking filter built-in
- Selectable output impedance (25, 50, 75,100 and 125Ω)
- 2ns pulse for near end fault location
- AUTO option selecting gain and pulse for each range
- AUTO option matches output impedance to cable
- Display distance in metres or feet
- Li-ion rechargeable battery (12 hours typical life)
What does the TDR2000/3 and TDR2000/3P come with?
- Dual Channel Power Plus Time Domain Reflectometer
- Lead set (model specific see below)
- Megger TraceXpert Software
- USB Lead
- AC-DC Charger
- User Guide CD
What‘s the different between TDR2000/3 and TDR2000/3P?
The answer is simply the Megger TDR1000/3P includes a fused test lead set, whereas the Megger TDR1000/3 includes a miniture clip test lead set.
The various models of the Megger TDR2000/3:
- (1001-789) Megger TDR2000/3P Dual Channel Comms Cable Fault Locator
- with 2 x 1.5m Retractable Sheath Fused Test Lead Sets
- (1007-061) Megger TDR2000/3 Dual Channel Comms Cable Fault Locator
- with 2 x 2m Test Lead Sets with 4mm Shrouded Connection to Miniature Crocodile Clips
What is a Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR)?
A TDR (time domain reflectometer) uses the radar principle to identify faults on cables. A pulse is “fired” down the cable. Any changes in the impedance of the cable will result in reflections being sent back down the table. These are measured and displayed so that a “map” of the cable is shown. Many faults are found at terminations or cable joints or other locations where there has been disruption to the route of the cable. TDRs require 2 conductors running in parallel to operate – they identify the change in impedance. Any connection, change of cable type, break in the cable, or fault will cause a change of impedance. Each type of change has a different effect on the display of the TDR; a positive reflection shows a higher impedance, a lower reflection shows a lower impedance.