Megger TDR1000/3P Advanced Handheld Single Channel TDR
The TDR1000/3P is a hand-held, compact time domain reflectometer for locating faults on metallic cables. It has a minimum resolution of 0.1 m/0.3 ft and a 5 km/15 kft maximum range depending on velocity factor selected and cable type. Four output impedances are available (25, 50, 75, and 100 Ω) and a velocity factor between 0.2 and 0.99 will meet any cable test requirements. The TDR1000/3P has a simple selection option which together with a 4 way control switch offers an intuitive operation for the user.
▶ Video: Overview of The TDR1000/3 Time Domain Reflectometer
Megger TDR1000/3P Key Features:
An AUTO selection option ensures that the most effective parameters are selected depending on the range required, aiding rapid diagnosis of the TDR trace. Dual cursors allow complete flexibility, giving the operator full control and instant indication of distance between two points.
A trace HOLD feature also allows comparison between conditions, something not seen on most other handheld TDRs, and a live trace overlay feature adds the ability to compare two traces in real time. Extra high resolution together with white-light backlight and grey scale tones give the graphical display a vibrancy, aiding the user in identifying key events on the trace.
- Simple operation
- AUTO set up for instant use
- Ultra fast pulse for near end fault identification
- Trace HOLD feature with live trace overlay to allow comparison between cables
- IP54 rating offers real life working
- Designed for use on all metallic cable pairs
- Back-lit graphics monochrome LCD (256 x 128)
- Adjustable display contrast
- Resolution to 0.1 m
- For use on Telecom TNV-3 circuit, or 150 V CAT IV power circuits
- Power blocking filter not required
- Environmental protection to IP54
- Auto selected output impedance (between 25, 50, 75 and 100 Ω)
- 2 ns pulse for near end fault location
- AUTO option selecting gain and pulse for each range
- Display distance in metres or feet
- Uses five AA (LR6) primary cells
What does the Megger TDR1000/3P come with?
- Megger TDR1000/3P Single Channel Cable Fault Locator
- Hard Carry Case
- Fused Test Lead Set
- User Guide CD
What is the difference between the Megger TDR1000/3 and TDR1000/3P?
The answer is simply the Megger TDR1000/3P includes a fused test lead set, whereas the Megger TDR1000/3 includes a miniture clip test lead set.
The various models of the Megger TDR1000/3:
- (1001-789) Megger TDR1000/3P Single Channel LV Cable Fault Locator
- Fast Pulse (2ns) Range (5km) with Fused Test Lead Set
- (1001-788) Megger TDR1000/3 Single Channel LV Cable Fault Locator (see the data sheet for this model)
- Fast Pulse (2ns) Range (5km) with Miniature Clips Test Lead Set