- Suitable for testing timing and travel on all circuit breakers with a single interrupter per phase
- Extremely easy-to-use and reliable
- Two separate timing channels for measurement of auxiliary contacts
- Analog measurement channels for travel transducers or general voltage/current measurements
- Static and dynamic resistance measurements along with the SDRM201 accessory
The EGIL is an automatic timer and motion analyser for medium and high-voltage substation circuit breakers. Designed for use on circuit breakers with one contact per phase. EGIL incorporates features commonly found on more complex test systems, but is equally versitile and designed to be smaller, simpler to use and less expensive than other similar test sets. It’s price makes it attractive to smaller utilities and it is an ideal supplementary product for maintenance departments at larger power companies and for testing contractors.
Its three time channels are connected together on one side. Events consisting of parallel contacts equipped with pre-insertion resistors can be recorded and displayed simultaneously. There are two separate time channels for measurement of auxiliary contacts. To simplify on-site hookup, EGIL comes with ready-made multi-cable sets for both main and auxiliary contacts. Coil currents are measured automatically and presented together with other readings, immediately after testing, on the display window or via the built-in printer.
Easy-to-use with a built-in sequencer (program unit) sets the instrument automatically for the next se-quential breaker operation. Intended primarily for measuring travel (motion), the optional analog input channel finds many other uses as well. If this channel is not installed, all associated menu commands are hidden.
The various models of the EGIL:
- (BM-19090) Megger EGIL Basic Circuit Breaker Analyser with Accessories
- (BM-19095) Megger EGIL Circuit Breaker Analyser with SDRM, accessories & CABA Win
- (BM-19093) Megger EGIL Circuit Breaker Analyser with Analogue & PC Connection with Accessories
- (BM-19092) Megger EGIL Circuit Breaker Analyser with PC Connection Accessories and CABA Win
EGIL with the SDRM option together with the SDRM accessory enables static and dynamic resistance measurements. EGIL can also be equipped with an optional USB interface for com-munication with a PC and the CABA Win™ Circuit Breaker Analysis Software.