Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester with Loop Test / Confidence Meter
The Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester, like the rest of the range, includes:
- Standard Insulation and Continuity Testing
- RCD Testing
- Full Earth Electrode Testing
- 2-wire High Current Testing
- 2-wire Non-Trip Earth Loop Impedance Testing
- In addition... Megger have included a patented 3-Wire Non-Trip Earth Loop Impedance test which incorporates a groundbreaking Confidence Measurement that is not affected by RCD or CBO Impedance or system noise.
New features make the Megger MFT1741 a very attractive package!
MFT1741, a Single and 3-Phase Installation Tester offers a class-leading input protection system as well as having an IP54 environmental rating. It is also CAT IV safety rated and comes with a standard test lead set, a full calibration certificate, and a three year warranty.
The MFT1741 enables much faster non-trip testing on quiet circuits (8s instead of 15s) and provides significantly more repeatable results on noisy circuits. With RCD impedance immunity, the readings are not susceptible to the additional impedance often seen in standard loop tests.
The Confidence Meter also gives an indication of the “QUALITY” of the measurement during and at the end of the test, using the ARC display.
New features, combined with toughness, ease-of-use and reliability = a very attractive package!
▶ Video: How to use the Megger MFT1741:
Megger MFT1741 Dial Options/Tests
In the first dial position there is a standard Voltage and Frequency measurement along with a Phase Sequence meter, next the Continuity Test range and then the Insulation Tests at 100 volts, 250 volts, 500 volts and 1kV. Following on is the Loop Impedance Tester which includes the Z-MAX facility.
Megger offers a high-spec RCD Tester with their industry renowned Rapid Auto Tests along with a Ramp Test for testing types: A, AC, type B and variable RCDs.
Working round the dial options you can see the Current Transformer Input, using an optional CT will allow you to take Current Measurements for diversity or for Earth Leakage. Finally there is an Earth Electrode or Ground Stake Resistance test which is enabled for Standard 3-Wire testing, ARC (Attached Rod Technique), and the Stake-less test method.
Megger MFT1741 Key Features:
- Recharge the batteries without removing them from the tester!
- Stores up to a 1000 results internally (results downloaded or recalled directly back to the screen)
- Internal memory and Bluetooth communications
- Enhanced Non-Trip Loop Impedance Measurement technology
- Confidence Meter measurement analysis
- Full, Single and 3-Phase compliant Installation testing
- 10 mA to 1 A Single and 3-Phase RCD testing
- Earth Testing and Stake-less testing for electrode resistance measurement (with appropriate optional accessories)
- Simple colour-coded test selection
- Ambidextrous operation
Overlaying the new non-trip Loop Impedance measurement is the new “Confidence Meter”. As Loop Impedance values can be dramatically affected by circuit noise, the Confidence Meter displays the degree of confidence in the accuracy of the measured loop impedance. Using the digital ARC to indicate the analytical process, the measurement is continually monitored and adjusted when circuit noise is present, resulting in a dramatically improved and repeatable test result.
Megger MFT1741 New Loop Impedance testing technology:
- Prevents any influence the RCD may present to the total Loop Impedance value
- Faster Non-Trip Loop testing down to 8 seconds
This technique also allows testing of loop impedance through 10mA type AC and Type A RCDs.
What comes with the Megger MFT1741?
- Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester
- Printed quick start guide
- Full user guide on CD
- Calibration certificate
- Switched probe SP5
- Neck strap - Megger embroidered
- Wire lead set with prods and clips
- Mains plug test lead
- Battery charger
- Large soft pouch with extra storage