FLUKE 1625 GEO Earth Ground Tester - Determines Earth Ground Systems Health
Good grounding isn’t only for safety; it is also used to prevent damage to industrial plants and equipment. A good grounding system will improve the reliability of your equipment and reduce the likelihood of damage due to lightning or fault currents. Billions are lost each year in the workplace due to electrical fires. This does not account for related litigation costs and loss of personal and corporate productivity.
What are the methods of earth ground testing?
There are four types of earth ground testing methods available:
- Soil Resistivity (using stakes)
- Fall-of-Potential (using stakes)
- Selective (using 1 clamp and stakes)
- Stakeless (using clamps only)
FLUKE 1625 Key Features:
The FLUKE 1625-2 is distinctive earth ground tester that can perform all four types of earth ground measurement:
- 3- and 4-Pole Fall of Potential (using stakes)
- 4-Pole Soil Resistivity testing (using stakes)
- Selective testing (using 1 clamp and stakes)
- Stakeless testing (using 2 clamps only)
The FLUKE 1625-2 tester is also easy to use and for each test, the tester informs you which stakes or clamps are needed to be connected, plus the large rotary switch can be used even with a gloved hand.
The FLUKE 1625-2 Earth Ground Tester can measure earth ground loop resistances using only clamps, only stakes, or one clamp and stakes. With the stakeless test method, the Fluke 1625-2 is able to measure earth ground loop resistances for multi-grounded systems using only current clamps. This technique eliminates the dangerous, and time consuming job of disconnecting parallel grounds, and finding suitable locations for auxiliary ground stakes. This allows you to perform earth ground tests in places you’ve not considered before, such as inside buildings, on power pylons, or anywhere you don’t have access to soil.
If a bonded earth ground system does not exist for the building or structure under test, and there is only one path to ground, you can use the 1625-2 to perform the fall-of-potential test method with stakes.
Other Key Features of the FLUKE 1625:
- Features Automatic Frequency Control (AFC) to minimise the effect of interference
- Provides R* measurement that calculates earth ground impedance at 55 Hz to more accurately reflect the earth ground resistance that a fault-to earth ground would see
- Includes USB port for data storage and transfer
- Offers adjustable limits for quicker testing
▶ Unboxing the FLUKE 1625:
What comes with the FLUKE 1625?
- GEO Earth Ground Tester
- User‘s Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
- USB Cable
Extra With The Kit Option:
- 2 Clamps
- C1620 Professional Carrying Case
- 4 Earth Ground Stakes
- 3 Cable Reels
The FLUKE GEO Series:
- FLUKE 1623-2 GEO Earth Ground Resistance Meter
- FLUKE 1625-2 GEO Earth Ground Resistance Meter with advanced features for more accuracy