Megger DET14C Earth Resistance Clamp Testers
Megger DET14C features a elliptical shaped clamp allowing for a much better approach angle and improved access to cables and earth straps in space constrained locations. The clamp is also much thinner and the units are much shorter again allowing measurements in tight areas. The clamp head accommodates up to 37 mm diameter cables and 50 mm earth tapes making them suitable for use in power stations, substations, towers and many more facilities.
Both clamp surfaces are smooth where they meet meaning there‘s no interlocking teeth to damage. Megger DET14C offers storage of results for later on-screen recall.
Megger DET14C Key Features:
- For testing installations such as buildings, pylons and RF transmitter sites and lightning protection systems.
- Low maintenance flat jaw interface
- Backlit LCD display
- Elliptical clamp shape improves access to earth cables and straps up to 50 mm
- Automatically self calibrates and Auto ranging
- Measures ground resistance from 0.05 Ω to 1500 Ω
- Measures true RMS ground leakage current from 0.5 mA rms to 35 A rms
- Balance elements of a ground to mitigate noise
- Balance ground circuits
- Measure continuity of ground circuits in headends and hubs
- Safety rating: CAT IV 600 V
The DET Clamp Models:
- DET14C - Clamp-on Earth Resistance Tester
- DET24C - Clamp-on Earth Resistance Tester with downloading capabilities
Both represent a new generation of earth/ground clamp-on resistance testers. These instruments induce a test current into earth systems and measure ground resistance in multi ground installations without needing to disconnect the ground. They offer market leading access, advanced features, simple operation and CAT IV 600 V safety protection.