Megger MVC1010 Voltage Clamp - CAT IV 600V rated
Megger MVC1010 is designed for measurements of AC currents up to 1000 A with a 1000:1 step-down ratio.
The MVC1010 is used as a voltage transformer and is designed to work with compatible Megger earth testing products only. The secondary winding is driven by an AC waveform with a suitable peak value, usually as high as possible, but low enough not to activate the built-in overvoltage protection circuit.
The MVC1010 has a ratio of 1000:1 so that the voltage induced in a primary wire/cable will be 1000 times lower than the voltage driving the secondary coil. This reduced primary voltage drives current in the loop under test. The value of the current will be directly proportional to the loop impedance according to Ohm’s law.
Megger MVC1010 Key Features:
- Excellent accuracy (0.3% error at full range)
- Offer small phase shift (0.7° at full range) perfect for metering of power, energy and power quality applications
- CAT IV 600 V current measurement to 1000 A AC
- 1 mA/1 A sensitivity with rated burden of 1 Ω
- Large jaws for cables up to 52 mm
- Overvoltage protection of the output terminals
- Suitable for leakage currents
Such high performance is achieved because the magnetic cores are made from high-permeability FeNi alloy. The output terminals are protected with a voltage limiting circuit ensuring a safe-to-touch voltage under all rated conditions.
Megger MVC1010 Applications:
- Power quality analysers
- Motor testers
- Clamp enabled earth testers
- Attached Rod Technique (ART)
- Stakeless testing
- Data loggers
- Digital multimeters
MCC1010 and MVC1010 are rated to CATIV 600 V, according the international standard IEC 61010.