Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Earth and Resistivity Tester
The Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Earth and Resistivity Tester is three testers in one: resistivity, earth, coupling.
Perfect for on-site usage with it‘s robust, IP53 leakproof case with folding cover and carrying handle. Wherever you need to install an electric ground connection or certify an existing one the CA6462 helps you perform accurate, reliable and quick diagnosis while providing the friendliest and safest test environment.
Using the conventional rod-based method, the C.A 6462 measures resistivity ("4-wire" connections), ground resistances ("3-wire" connections) and coupling between electrically independent earth electrodes ("4-wire" connections). Equipped with 4 colour-coded terminals for easy connection and a captive bar when changing from a 4-wire to a 3-wire measurement very quickly and easily.
Measurement and Error Diagnosis
Once the rods have been installed and connected (named E, ES, S and H), begin measurement by simply pressing the push-button. For maximum accuracy, the range and current selection is carried out automatically.
The measurement result and its unity are read directly on the large, backlit digital screen. Three lights indicate any defect or interference liable to impair measurement results:
- red flashing FAULT LED (E-H): indicates a fault in the current circuit (voltage at terminals ≥ 30 V peak)
- red flashing HIGH RESISTANCE LED (ES-S): voltage circuit resistance too high (R ≥ 50 kΩ)
- red flashing HIGH NOISE LED (ES-S): voltage circuit noise ≥ 13 V peak
Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Key Features:
- 3-in-1 tester: resistivity, earth, coupling between two earths
- Measurement range: 0.01 to 2,000 Ω (3 automatic ranges)
- Change from 4-wire method to 3-wire method thanks to 1 removable captive bar between E and ES
- 3 fault presence indicators to validate measurement
- Measurement frequency: 128Hz
- Easy connection of stakes by means of colour-coded terminals
- Large backlit digital display with 2,000 counts
- Power supply: NiMH rechargeable battery for an average battery life, constantly checked, of 1,180 measurements of 15s each
- IP53 leakproof case with folding cover and carrying handle
- Fitted with a rechargeable battery with an internal charger.
- Compliant with IEC 61557
- Electrical safety: EN 61010
- Dimensions: 273 x 247 x 127 mm
- Weight: 2.8 kg