Testo 477 LED Stroboscope
The testo 477 LED hand stroboscope is used when it‘s necessary to make fast-moving objects appear in slow motion. Testo 477 visualises rotation and vibration movements and allows measurement during continued operation. The static image allows the inspection and qualitative evaluation of components moving at high frequencies.
Thanks to the trigger input and output, the testo 477 can be connected to external systems and controlled by an external sensor.
Testo 477 Stroboscope is designed for extremely high measurement range of up to 300 000 flashes per minute (fpm) and a very high illumination of up to 1 500 Lux allow you to carry out rotational speed measurements of up to 300 000 rpm. A trigger input and output ensure connectivity to external systems and control via an external sensor.
The impact protection on the testo 477 and the protection class IP65 additionally guarantee that the instrument can be used under tough conditions. The long battery life enables you can carry out uninterrupted measurements for up to 5 hours.
Testo 477 Key Features:
- Check and inspect machines and systems while they are still running
- High speed measurement: up to 300 000 revolutions per minute
- High illumination: up to 1500 Lux
- Emits a series of flashes which makes what you see appear as a “frozen image”
- Can also measure the rotational speed of very small and hard-to-reach objects
- There’s no need for reflex marks so there’s no need to stop the machines, meaning no disruption to production processes either
- Sturdy IP65 rated housing (which also allows it to be wiped down)
- Stand up to the rough and tumble of everyday use
- Longer battery operating time: up to 5 hours
Testo 477 Applications:
- Speed measurements on ventilators, fans, and lathes
- Allows the speed measurement of very small objects or places that cannot be directly accessed – without interrupting the production process, as reflective markers are not required.
- Industrial maintenance and monitoring of product quality
- The “flashing light analysis” allows irregularities to be detected in systems and machines; for example, the detection of “vibration hotspots”, the monitoring of packaging machines, the checking of vibratory conveying technology, or the display of oscillation amplitudes.
- With the aid of stroboscopes, rotating production systems and belts are presented in slow motion, allowing evaluation of the product and manufacturing quality. For example, the thread guide on knitting machines can be monitored in the textiles industry, or the consistent image quality of printing machines.
What comes with the testo 477?
- Testo 477 LED stroboscope
- Carry case
- Trigger signal plug
- Calibration protocol