Socket & See PDL PRO High Resolution Loop Tester
The Socket & See PDL PRO is a High Resolution, High Current and No Trip Earth Loop Impedance Tester.
The no trip loop test uses unique ‘contact wetting‘ technology to give accurate and repeatable results from the very first test.
If used with a distribution board test lead set, the high current test can be conducted in 2-wire mode or 3-wire mode. High current, high resolution results are given to 1mΩ resolution.
The PFC / PSC result is calculated by the tester and can be displayed on the primary screen simply by pressing the PFC / PSC button. This allows it to be easily read by the operator.
On plugging the unit in the voltage is displayed and incoming polarity tests are conducted. The voltage displayed can be toggled between LN-LE-NE. Any deviation from the expected results will be shown by a flashing red LED and an audible tone. Loop Testing will be disabled.
A polarity check touch-pad is available for testing for DNO reverse polarity on PME systems.
Socket & See PDL PRO - Build For Your Environment
A hands-free function is also available, this helps when testing at light fittings, and in difficult positions.
The Socket & See PDL PRO also features a large back-lit display that illuminates when the tester is switched on as well as during testing, making testing easy in poorly lit areas. The unit will automatically power off after approximately 3 mins of inactivity and features a secure protective rubber boot to protect the unit against every day bumps and scrapes. For additional protection, the PDL PRO is also fully protected against accidental phase to phase connection.
The tester also uses true impedance technique for accurate measurement of Prospective Fault Current (PFC) and also calculates Prospective Short Circuit (PSC) in the event of a short circuit between the live conductors.
Socket & See PDL PRO Key Features:
- No Trip loop L-E test
- High current L-E loop test
- High current, High resolution L-E loop test
- High current, High resolution L-N loop test
- AC Voltage VLN - VLE - VNE
- Distribution network operator polarity test pad
- PFC / PSC measurements
- Hands-free function
- Polarity, voltage present LED
- Auto switch off function for battery preservation
- Fully BS EN 61010 and BS EN 61557 certified
- EMC compliance - BS EN 61326
Socket & See PDL PRO Test Sequences:
- Loop No Trip L-E
- This is a 3 wire test to measure Zs where the circuit is protected by a RCD. Where possible, non-essential electrical equipment should be disconnected to reduce the chance of the RCD tripping as a result of leakage build up.
- Loop High Current L-E
- The High current test is used to measure Ze at the distribution board downstream of any RCD or Zs, where the circuit is not protected by an RCD.
- High Resolution L-E / L-N
- The High current tests are used to measure Ze or Zs, where the circuit is not protected by an RCD. Results will be displayed to 1 mohm resolution
- The hands free function can be used with any loop measurement. Select the loop measurement required with the rotary dial. Pressed the HANDS FREE button and HANDSFREE will be displayed on the screen. Once the tester is connected, correct voltage and polarity is confirmed and loop test will be conducted without TEST being pressed.
- Volts L-N / L-E / N-E
- Voltage L-N is the tester‘s default setting. By pressing VOLTS LN-LE-NE the voltage displayed will be toggled. The voltage displayed can be toggled before or after the loop test is carried out.
- PFC / PSC
- After a loop test has been carried out the calculated PFC and PSC can be displayed by selecting PFC L-E / PSC L-N
- Polarity Test-Pad
- Touch the touchpad area next to the test button. There should be no change in the indication given. If the Voltage / Polarity LED flashes RED and a warning tone emitted when the touchpad is touched, a potentially dangerous polarity reversal exists.
What comes with the Socket & See PDL PRO?
- Socket & See PDL PRO High Resolution Loop Tester
- Mains lead inc 3 x 4mm connectors
- Instruction manual
- Magnetic hanging strap
- 4 x AA batteries